Top 10 Movies? Pretty off topic.

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...I just realized, that with one offhanded comment, I pie-jacked this thread.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Apiestles of all ages, I present to you a work in Progress! The Home of the "Pie God":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/planescape-campaign/wikis/hanseath !
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    *hugs rase*That's so cool :D
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    This... Is... Fantastic.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    That's awesome!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    It is.. but to try and swing back onto topic.. anyone seen Sorcerors Apprentice yet? I went a few days back and it was awesome :D
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    It WAS awesome! I didn't have the highest hopes, but felt obligated to see it. I was very pleasantly surprised.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Is there pie in the film? Like, was there a pie-like motif, or something? Otherwise, how good could it really have been?

Rase, my title is misspelled. I'm not _Grant_ High Mega-Pope Pieus DCCCXV, i'm *GRAND* High Mega-Pope Pieus DCCCXV.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Maybe you're Grant, as in, "Hi I'm Grant, High Mega-Pope Pieus DCCCXV, pleased to meet you."
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol

I like it. Rase, could you change it to Grantley Ephraim Cogswell-Smythe von Piedersen, Ultra-Super Mega-Pope Pieus DCCCXV? Maybe add some sparkles or a waving banner that says "Who's awesome? This guy!" with an arrow facing my name. Also, make it so whenever you click my name, the dvd drawer slides out on your computer with a slice of banana cream pie, ready to eat.

We need ChainsawXIV. CSS has to be able to handle this.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    We have a new Apiestle! He's in another thread though..
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    heh.. you're apiestle's in another thread..
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Okay, not even thinking it through, just gonna list the first 10 that come to mind

LOTR Trilogy I have to count as 1 film, and easily tops the list, after that things get complicated, so no order here. and I'll try to avoid ones that have been listed, unless they really need to be there

1. Lord of the Rings
    2. Life of Brian
    3. Resident Evil
    4. Donnie Darko
    5. Hellboy (1 and 2)
    6. Pollock
    7. Underworld
    8. Stranger Than Fiction
    9. Last Samurai (don't laugh at me, I thought it was awesome)
    10. Iron Man (haven't seen 2 yet, but expect it'll make the top 20 or so)

Keep in mind that top movies are constantly changing depending on what I've recently seen, so this is simply a cross-section of my tastes rather than a firm "list".
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Look It's our pie-tastic warrior :D underworld is great, i loved Ironman aesthetically.. I have a thing for that stuff.. Stranger than Fiction! I can't believe I forgot that movie... it was great..

Hellboy is win :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Pieladin? Aw, who am I kidding.

I liked The Last Samurai. I don't see why so many people are down on the film. I get that Tom Cruise is Batpoop Loco, but Ken Watanabe was phenomenal, and in my opinion, it was one of the better films I've seen when it comes to cinematography. You could pause at nearly any point in the film, screen-shot it, print it, and frame it with pride.

I don't like Iron Man, but not because the film is bad. I've hated the character Tony Stark since I was a kid. He drinks and drives a WMD, and because he's rich, he gets away with it. That always bugged the crap outta me. The film itself was very well made, and expertly acted.

I am, however, insanely excited for Joss Whedon's Avengers film.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I am all for the Avengers! And anything by Captain Ameri---Joss Whedon. ...also, super excited for a not-so-spandexy Joss Whedo---Captain America (Why do I mix those two up??) WW2 Captain America ftw!

I agree about the rich evil bastard being an evil bastard because he's rich, but I enjoyed the film immensely.

Thanks for the appreciation guys! I aim to please! Consider the edits made! Sorry that I wasn't around, but I was busy figuring my e-mail would catch any forum updates and creating text graphics for the Wiki - the Pie God page has gotten more attention than the rest of my site in a while, and it's inspired me :)

I did enjoy The Last Samurai, but then again, I fear that might not be saying much because TNMT3 is Movie 11 on my top ten list :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Oh and Rase, I wanted Pontius PieLate for my name.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I've made it so!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Eve wants hers to have Juicy Apple in it.. I'm not sure how to work in pie..
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Applesason of Pie? I dunno..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Not sure what could work Juicy Apple in, but someone'll think of something.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Though I do like the word applesasin.. My brain is to tired to think of much else
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Applesaucin?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    You know I thought of that just a minute ago.. that's awesome.. Applesaucin of Pie... I do like the way it sounds... hmm now to wait for her to stop cleaning and hop on the forums..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Bleh... cleaning is no fun. Except when it is.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    cleanings fun when you play music or have someone helping, otherwise it sucks... I despise washes dishes though..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    But...but... it's more fun to play music while not cleaning!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    It is! but it's more fun to clean with music then without..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Invariably! I just wish that I didn't have to keep getting up so I could listen to some music.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Oh god I'm cleaning /rearranging my house.

I have already thrown out 3 truckloads worth of packrat stuff and my living room is still packed to the gills. I have 4500 sq.ft of stuff in an 800 sq. ft. apartment.

I'm watching bad movies right now. Big Trouble in Little China at the moment, just got done with Buckaroo Banzai and Johnny Mnemonic. I think Hell Comes to Frogtown will be next. Or They Live.
    Post edited by JimTriche on