The "Review my Campaign" thread

1293031323335»

Comments

• KuboTwo
    KuboTwo

@GamingMegaverse  Yes, my players have said that they do want to complete the whole adventure (or until the PC's all die). The second COVID-19 shutdown in my state returned our game online, and frankly I'm not the best DM for online games.  So another DM in my group started running an ongoing adventure and we're in the midst of that.  (Unfortunately, @greyhawkwar is not so good at posting as I am on Obsidian Portal).  So I'm expecting a return to my campaign by next year if not later this year.  I may want to add more regular players as well.  At one time, I was even thinking of running a second competing PC group in the ToEE who would face off against or eventually team up with my first PC group to fight Zuggtmoy, but player scheduling issues unfortunately nixed that idea.

• eyelessgame

This thread's for "campaign milestones", so it's an excuse to let all of you know. My Ptolus (Pathfinder v1) campaign has reached what I consider the story's halfway point - all the PCs are 9th level, and we just finished one of Monte Cook's most definitive Ptolus adventures, The Night of Dissolution. We're taking a couple weeks off, but will return in August.

We were lucky enough to be able to continue gaming online during the pandemic (using roll20) but we returned to face-to-face gaming only a couple weeks ago, and I've missed face-to-face table gaming a lot. The pandemic altered stories; I found it made much more sense to have more set-piece (dungeon) adventures and fewer city/freeform encounters, because of course when online you have to prep carefully for any actual encounter, and it was much harder for a GM and four players to remain all involved during roleplay/conversation/investigation, so there was more combat and less good solid urban medieval fantasy roleplay of the sort Ptolus is known for. 

In a city, most encounters aren't violent, but any encounter might be, and you need to be able to set down a map unexpectedly and just go - and drawing one myself would take hours online.

But we perservered and good times are ahead for the campaign when it resumes - I'm happy to hear feedback on the stories or how I presented it on obsidianportal (a site I love and very much appreciate, btw!)

I added a third PC for each player (and a fifth adventuring group) specifically so that I can, during the campaign's second half, add in a couple of the low-level city encounters that I had to skip during the pandemic (which corresponded to much of the "Big Damn Heroes" phase of D&D-like campaigns, levels 3-9 of the main PCs.)

Our campaign is at ptolusfourbyfour.obsidianportal.com.

Post edited by eyelessgame on
  • Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Hey all! I know it's been a little since I put up some new content, so I thought I'd share a new project!

https://corneroffice.obsidianportal.com/

It's a rules lite 1D6 system about surviving the Corporate workday, while also surviving the Apocalypse! I shared it on the Discord, but I know there's a lot of great  creative folks who mostly just interact here on the forums. 

There's a lot open to interpretation here, but that's kind of the point. I'd love some feedback!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This is a great idea @Conan_Lybarian !  Cannot wait to see what you do with it!

I would recommend playing with a memo setup, like the standard MS memo https://templates.office.com/en-us/company-memo-tm16392792

Just trying to help out.  Changed name from killervp to Gaming Megaverse to match other sites.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Love the memo set up idea! I have plans to format the main page like a handbook, but I think all the wikis and other entries will be in memo format. Still adding content. I want to keep it as simple as possible, but after some play testing, I'm thinking of adding supplemental content. More d6 charts for story and setting creation for the the DM for example, starting basic inventory for the different roles, or even a way to run a game without a set DM. I love that this does in fact work with what I've got posted, but I'm thinking of ways to make it deeper *if* the players want it to be. I'll probably be looking for some more play testers soon!

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

So, my upcoming campaign is a few months away, but the OP site for it is pretty much completed. So now I'm looking for opinions, criticism, and even suggestions on how to make it even better. So, please take a gander at