The "Review my Campaign" thread

1293031323335»

Comments

• KuboTwo
    KuboTwo

@GamingMegaverse  Yes, my players have said that they do want to complete the whole adventure (or until the PC's all die). The second COVID-19 shutdown in my state returned our game online, and frankly I'm not the best DM for online games.  So another DM in my group started running an ongoing adventure and we're in the midst of that.  (Unfortunately, @greyhawkwar is not so good at posting as I am on Obsidian Portal).  So I'm expecting a return to my campaign by next year if not later this year.  I may want to add more regular players as well.  At one time, I was even thinking of running a second competing PC group in the ToEE who would face off against or eventually team up with my first PC group to fight Zuggtmoy, but player scheduling issues unfortunately nixed that idea.

• eyelessgame

This thread's for "campaign milestones", so it's an excuse to let all of you know. My Ptolus (Pathfinder v1) campaign has reached what I consider the story's halfway point - all the PCs are 9th level, and we just finished one of Monte Cook's most definitive Ptolus adventures, The Night of Dissolution. We're taking a couple weeks off, but will return in August.

We were lucky enough to be able to continue gaming online during the pandemic (using roll20) but we returned to face-to-face gaming only a couple weeks ago, and I've missed face-to-face table gaming a lot. The pandemic altered stories; I found it made much more sense to have more set-piece (dungeon) adventures and fewer city/freeform encounters, because of course when online you have to prep carefully for any actual encounter, and it was much harder for a GM and four players to remain all involved during roleplay/conversation/investigation, so there was more combat and less good solid urban medieval fantasy roleplay of the sort Ptolus is known for. 

In a city, most encounters aren't violent, but any encounter might be, and you need to be able to set down a map unexpectedly and just go - and drawing one myself would take hours online.

But we perservered and good times are ahead for the campaign when it resumes - I'm happy to hear feedback on the stories or how I presented it on obsidianportal (a site I love and very much appreciate, btw!)

I added a third PC for each player (and a fifth adventuring group) specifically so that I can, during the campaign's second half, add in a couple of the low-level city encounters that I had to skip during the pandemic (which corresponded to much of the "Big Damn Heroes" phase of D&D-like campaigns, levels 3-9 of the main PCs.)

Our campaign is at ptolusfourbyfour.obsidianportal.com.

Post edited by eyelessgame on
  • Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Hey all! I know it's been a little since I put up some new content, so I thought I'd share a new project!

https://corneroffice.obsidianportal.com/

It's a rules lite 1D6 system about surviving the Corporate workday, while also surviving the Apocalypse! I shared it on the Discord, but I know there's a lot of great  creative folks who mostly just interact here on the forums. 

There's a lot open to interpretation here, but that's kind of the point. I'd love some feedback!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This is a great idea @Conan_Lybarian !  Cannot wait to see what you do with it!

I would recommend playing with a memo setup, like the standard MS memo https://templates.office.com/en-us/company-memo-tm16392792

Just trying to help out.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Love the memo set up idea! I have plans to format the main page like a handbook, but I think all the wikis and other entries will be in memo format. Still adding content. I want to keep it as simple as possible, but after some play testing, I'm thinking of adding supplemental content. More d6 charts for story and setting creation for the the DM for example, starting basic inventory for the different roles, or even a way to run a game without a set DM. I love that this does in fact work with what I've got posted, but I'm thinking of ways to make it deeper *if* the players want it to be. I'll probably be looking for some more play testers soon!

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

So, my upcoming campaign is a few months away, but the OP site for it is pretty much completed. So now I'm looking for opinions, criticism, and even suggestions on how to make it even better. So, please take a gander at

• camarilladee
    camarilladee

@Keryth987 - Holy crap man, that's some epic work you've done!  The way the pages zoom in and out like that as you click through the menu is NOT something I would have thought to do but it's a pretty cool little effect.  Your buttons to navigate through the information on the 'codex' too... that's pretty insane.  You look like you've really spent a very long time working on that - congrats on the outcome.  I hope you guys have a GREAT time playing.

• KuboTwo
    KuboTwo

Well, like so many campaigns, it looks like the Gary Gygax Tribute Campaign will not return due to players' scheduling and physical location conflicts.  It's been a fun 2 1/2 year run.  If you haven't read it, check it out here (and please become a fan):  https://garygygaxtributecampaign.obsidianportal.com/

As a concluding observation, "Vault of the Drow" used to be my 4th favorite published dungeon and 9th on my all-time favorites list.  (I ranked The Ivory Coin and Ravens Crag ahead of it at #7 & #2 respectively on my all-time favorites list).  I liked Vault so much because of its unique vision, which inspired me in my youth.  However, it did not translate well with my current set of players. I don't believe they were very immersed in the setting in spite of my efforts because (a) it was so alien, and (b) they were afraid to attract any attention by stirring up trouble like adventurers normally do. So, because of these shortcomings, I had to drop Vault out of my top ten all-time favorite dungeons and to #6 in my favorite published dungeon list (Sorry, Gary).

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

@Keryth987 you have truly outdone yourself on this one!  I love all the movement and animations. It makes it so exciting visually and yet it is still very easy to navigate.  Excellent work!

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Nice to see this back to being stickied!

So finally back to wanting feedback- our "new" game is a Deadlands (Savage Worlds) game https://damnation.obsidianportal.com/ designed by our awesome player (and former CotM winner) @Basileus, is up and looking for input! 

Just trying to help out.

• NimrodYanai
    NimrodYanai

You can check mine out as well. We just started so not everything is filled yet (no items available as of now), but it has a decent amount of information.

Baldur's Gate

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

If anyone is feeling like digging through a LOT of stuff you can take a look at my current campaign, it's three seperate groups in a multi reality / time travel / planescape game. There is a link to the trailers on the front page, they are purely amateur but give you an idea of what games built up to this and the currrent Crisis on Infinite Oerths.

Start with the Panopticon link in my sig below. As always would love feedback. Don't really have time to learn CSS and it is a LOT of data so other than all the original art don't expect the visual part to be impressive compared to many of y'all.

Cheers!

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

I have no idea how he did it, but my GM has somehow managed to put a sliding ticker thing on his page like a CNN scrawl. All in CSS, no custom java.

check it out: https://inovertheirheads.obsidianportal.com/

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

Looks awesome! 

Also, a great opportunity to try out the new "custom_css" page ...  : )

https://inovertheirheads.obsidianportal.com/custom_css

That's the CSS for the Campaign.  Search the page for "scroll-left" and that will get you to the section of the CSS that does it (I think).

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

oh yeah! found it!

jesus christ it's like magic in these computer thingies

• thaen
    thaen

Honestly, I do feel a little bit like a mage when I'm writing code ... and it works.  : )

Obsidian Portal Developer

• weasel0
    weasel0

The real problem is when the moos won't stop hauling the water and the servers get bogged down. 

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hey @Frak_Lou_Elmo, that sliding ticker tape thing looks really cool!

smiley

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

Only just started looking in these forums, but thanks for the kind words on my css scroller.

The link to the site's custom css page horrified me somewhat, so I did an only semi-half-assed clean up of it. At least it's in some kind of order now, even if it is mostly alphabetical.

(Just in case anyone is wondering, I used notepad++ to get rid of line breaks and put each rul on a single line, then ordered alphabetically, then put through an online css formatter. If this helps just one other person turn their horrible mess into something less horrible, then I have done a good thing!)

Edit: Dammit, I thought I'd fixed the image in my sig!
    Edit Edit: looks like I have now, but needed to resize the image locally and upload a smaller version for my sig.
    Post edited by JayDoubleA on

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Love the site @JayDoubleA

Just trying to help out.

• rappt0r
    rappt0r

Hey folks,

I am hoping to get some recognition on my setting that I have been using since 2014. I just finished my latest campaign last night, 56 sessions, all with Adventure Logs. Campaign IV starts with "Welcome to Scarlett City".

Let me know what you guys think:

https://merovia.obsidianportal.com/

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

@rappt0r this is a great campaign! The wiki is huge! I love the color scheme and that you colorized the tags. How did you do that?

• rappt0r
    rappt0r

@Fark_Lou_Elmo Thanks man! If you see any issues in it, please let me know.

Yeah, I'm still building it and I'm working on a quick character builder guide.

As for the colored tags, they are all done in CSS.

I have built a google sheet that builds the code with whatever I enter as the hexcode. Send me a DM and I can share it with you.

• Abersade
    Abersade

Here's a basic rundown of one way to do it:

/* Color Coded Tagging */

/* use these lines to change the font color and background color */

/* data-tag= is the tag (case sensitive), background-color: is the “bubble” color around the tag text, color: is the color of the tag text */

.campaign-public-layout #content a[data-tag=“player”] {background-color: #365BCE;color: #ffffff;-webkit-border-radius:1000px;border-radius:1000px;padding:0.1875em 0.625em 0.25em;font-size:0.875em;}

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• RxOliver
    RxOliver

Be gentle with the constructive criticism, writing is not my skill. I've been using OP to keep notes and build the world. Thanks to it I'm feeling confident about dropping a mini campaign in the same part of the world in the same timeline. If you can help me improve without insulting my lack of talent please do.

https://the-holy-cleanse.obsidianportal.com/

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I'm at it again. This is a WIP and far from done, but would appreciate any comments or suggestions or criticisms on the look, appearance, and content. Thanks

https://wrathofthehighborne.obsidianportal.com/

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

@keryth987 The graphics are beautiful! It reminds me of classic mmorpg's or old school PC fantasy games. I absolutely love the animated buttons. I would say in some areas where the background is transparent, it can be difficult to read some text over the background. Otherwise, I think this is really bad ass!

I'm going to share your lovely "dedication" note with the team as well. <3 

Obsidian Portal Support Druid | [email protected]