Featured Campaign of the Month

Comments

• Marion_C
    Marion_C

Thank you so much for featuring our campaign, it made us super happy !

Also big thanks to UselessTriviaMan for nominating us (and for giving me some CSS advice when I just started, I really needed it haha !)

Thanks again twiggyleaf, and yeah session 0 was a big help for us, especially for me as a newbie GM. 

• camarilladee
    camarilladee

Congrats @Marion_C your campaign page looks incredible!  I adore the artwork and the idea that you've pretty much built a system - what a daunting task!  I'm very impressed.  Here's hoping you and your players have many more game sessions ahead of you!  Wishing you all the best!

• Marion_C
    Marion_C

Thank you so much @camarilladee  ! It was a daunting task indeed, honestly if we had known how much work it was back then we might not have done it ... So I'm glad we didn't know hahaha !

Wishing you the best too

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations to @Marion_c and friends!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Congratulations to @Marion_c and friends!  This is a really unique campaign! 

Just trying to help out.

• Marion_C
    Marion_C

Thank you both @GamingMegaverse and @UselessTriviaMan

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Congrats to Mallorylover23 and crew for winning our November 21 Campaign of the Month with their campaign: Star Trek Odyssey: Laurels of Victory! Get some behind the scenes tips and insights by reading their interview here!

Obsidian Portal Dungeon Manager || [email protected] 

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to Mallorylover23 and Team!

"Just say YES!"  (Great interview)

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Let's just rename the award the HummAnnoyd award- congrats on another great site!

Just trying to help out.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Well, it is Mallorylover23's campaign. I did the design work for the site at his direction.  He was the one who insisted on the LCARs look.  And you guys here on the forum are the only reason I got it to work. It was not easy to do.  

It is a fun campaign and MalloryLover23 is doing a great job as DM.  

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Congratulations to Orion_JdR and party for winning the December 2021 COTM! Their campaign, Le Sang versé d’Occitanie ( The Spilled Blood of Occitania), follows two rival groups of players- a vampire pack and a Vampire coterie- in southern France as they navigate a region full of history and mystery.  

You can find an English Translation of the campaign here, and read our interview with Orion_JdR here

Post edited by thaen on

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations, Orion_JdR and party.  "The Spilled Blood of Occitania" is a well worthy winner.  Such a great concept and really amazing interview.

smiley

Inner Council Member

• Orion_JdR
    Orion_JdR

Thank you for this highlight! My players and I are honored to have been named Campaign of the Month heart

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Congratulations to Nehebkau  and party for winning the January 2022 COTM! Their Exalted campaign, Lakes of Blood and Ash is an incredibly rich story 8 years in the making! You can check out our interview with them here!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations, Nehebkau and Team!  Great work and interesting interview.  This team has not only Level Zero disucssions, but Levels -3, -2 and -1 as well.  Now that's what I call game preparation!

smiley

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• Nehebkau
    Nehebkau

Just found this, thanks for the kind words again and it was a true honor.  I'll certainly be following campaign of the month and 'stealing' a lot more ideas from other campaigns from here on out!

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Announcing February 2022's Campaign of the month: The Emerald City: Requiem

HumAnnoyd and his team of fellow players/GMs find themselves drawn back to a familiar locale, first seen in 2012, in their original game. But time didn't wait for them to catch up; much has changed. Then again much hasn't. 

Check out the OP blog for our interview with HumAnnoyd and team before heading over to see what secrets await in Emerald City: Requiem!

Post edited by thaen on

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

It really should be renamed the HumAnnoyd award- congrats on a well-deserved reward for your hard work- again!  Well done- I like this one even better than the past winners!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations HumAnnoyd and Team.  A trully great site and very informative interview.

indecision

Inner Council Member

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Announcing our March 2022 Campaign of the Month, Deadlands: Damnation, designed by Basileus and GM’d by GamingMegaverse!

Join the posse by the campfire as they spin yarns of their adventures in the darkest corners of the Old West. Still got a hankerin' for more? Check out our interview with the whole posse by heading over to the Obsidian Portal blog!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Thanks so much!!! 

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to @GamingMegaverse, @CraigCoxon, @BlkUnicorn, @MachineGunHarry, @Lurch6571, @Faeriemage and @Basileus for together winning Campaign of the Month with Deadlands: Damnation, a trully collaborative campaign well worth a look.  Thanks for the interview - very iluminating.  Can you please tell us more about the "exploding dice".  How do they work?

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Dice rolls in Savage Worlds are "open ended," meaning there's no limit to how high the result can be. This is accomplished through "exploding" the die roll. Simply put, if a die roll lands on the highest possible result (i.e. a 6 on a d6, 8 on a d8, etc.), then you roll that die again and add the results together.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Thanks!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I love Savage Worlds so, so much. I've run some of my best convention one-shots in that system. It's a generic RPG so you can run any genre or style you'd like, but it really does pulp action stuff (Indiana Jones, Flash Gordon, Charlie's Angels, etc.) very well.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Every Month we present an interview with the highlighted CAMPAIGN OF THE MONTH!

To nominate your group's OP SITE, go HERE to bring it to our attention!

Inner Council Member

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Congratulations to our winning Campaign of the Month for April 2022, A Rising Darkness! Read our interview with GM Keryth987 and the party over on the Obsidian Portal Blog!

Know a campaign you think should be featured? Click here to nominate it for consideration!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Well done, @Keryth987 and team.  Great interview, and amazing site!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Best site on the portal- Well done, @Keryth987 and group! Special props to Maltheas for the sacrificing of seagulls proposal!

Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

For myself and my players, thank you all very much