Tags & Search

OPAdmin
OPAdmin

Hi Everyone!

Fixes 1 and 2 that were done and outlined in the Overview of fixes from the last 60 days, should have resolved the problem with the tags and search functionality, the moment the fixes was applied we were monitoring this function and it appeared to work for a while.

When tested again yesterday, we did get an error, though it appeared to still be working on the OPAdmin account, so we have deduced that it seems to be affecting users at random (yay for the bundle of wires getting more knotted), we are still investigating the cause behind this sporadic behavior.

We're hopeful that if we can get someone in for a few quick server fixes that this should resolve the intermittent activity and these two functions. We'll keep everyone updated as more details come to light.  

Thanks!

Jameela

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

On my campaigns, clicking a tag link in an article either produces a server 500 error, or it goes to a blank search result page.

-bort

• Ganny
    Ganny

I still get a 500 error on skies-of-glass.obsidianportal.com but not on fairy-tales.obsidianportal.com .

Is it possible the search issue is in regards to campaign size?

• username
    username

Hello, I saw what was going on, so I started to make some changes to my campaign again, updating stuff that I had on there. I get a 500 error when clicking on tags and my search function doesn't work. I have a very large campaign in the number of pages there are connected to it. It's https://marvel-heroes.obsidianportal.com/

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Getting a 500 error on search, same with tags.

Tags are NOT working

Site seems very slow.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Tags are working on my sites now.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Bortas
    Bortas

Wait, really? I no longer get a 500 server error, but I also don't get useful results. The search runs without giving me a hard stop error, but it produces 0 results when I click on a tag.

-bort

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Hi @Bortas,

I've reviewed a few yours campaigns and when I performed search the tags work properly for me.

Can you please provide some more details for in depth investigation - ie what is name of campaign, what is search query and which exactly tags did not work properly.

Many thanks

• Bortas
    Bortas

Sure, I'm using morwindl.obsidianportal.com

1. Type in search bar, "amalia" get a bunch of search results. None of the pages in the search results have "amalia" as a tag, but it returns a bunch of pages that have that in the text. I would expect when I run a search for 'amalia' that it would do that, AND also return results for pages with Amalia in the tag

2. Click on any page with "Amalia" as a tag and click the tag - get a search page with 0 results. When you look at the tag list, it identifies that 4 pages are tagged 'Amalia', yet the search results can't find any.

I find that it doesn't matter what tag I use. Literally none of them work. They all have the above identified behavior. Search for a word I am using as a tag, search results: no pages with that tagged, but I do get pages that have that word in their title or in their body.

I went to a computer at work I've never sat at before, and tried it in Edge, Chrome and Firefox, with the same result as what I have on my own computer.

-bort

• Bortas
    Bortas

I take that back, I found one that sorta worked, 

I clicked tag, "Character Creation", I received 4 of 14 results.

I clicked tag, "Character Creation", I received 0 of 14 results.

I clicked tag, "Character Creation", I received 8 of 14 results.

I clicked tag, "Character Creation", I received 3 of 14 results.

All within the span of seconds. I would expect these results to be exactly the same each time I clicked them.

-bort

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Hi Bort,

Thanks for these extra details, we're going to migrate this issue into our support system as it seems to be associated to only your account. I've created a new ticket associated with the email address on your account, please confirm you received it by replying back and we'll reconnect with you as details are needed.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate!

Jameela

• Bortas
    Bortas

Its received, thanks for looking into it.

This behavior persists (as noted above) on other people's campaigns as well - search results don't show pages tagged, and clicking a tag, shows.... weird intermittent results, that change each time I click.

-bort

• Bortas
    Bortas

It definitely isn't just my account. I can repeat these results on my alternate account, and on my sons account, different computers the lot, different browsers.

-bort

• Bortas
    Bortas

Hey gang, help me out - click this link: https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=Amalia

How many search results do you see? I see zero. The tags list suggests you should see 4. Can you post how many you can see?

Thanks,

-bort

• weasel0
    weasel0

Yeah, i don't get any either. and your About tag says 6 but only generates 4.

One of mine is a few short as well, but I seem to recall I thought it related to deleting pages and then the tag count not reducing itself. Could just be a left over bug that's been "fixed" like when you set a scale to zero out with an empty cup so it'll only weigh actual product weight, not container weight. (also know as Tare weight) but would then result in an empty scale of less than 0. So maybe there's a semi-permanent bug now? it's stuck with an old wrong number? Try grabbing one of the Amalia pages/tags and delete the tag. See if the Tag count updates properly. Add the tag back. See if that does anything. I'm gonna go check it on my tags.

I update some other ones to fix my accidental dup tags via Capitalization of some tags but not others. Those updated pretty much immediately. IIRC, it used to take a while so there could have been a time out bug or something else funny like going  on.(Gaunteed)

• weasel0
    weasel0
    Add: These are all from my A Parade of Black campaign.

Yeah, my Guild tag seems to be messed up. It said 5, showed 3. I removed the tag from a character: still said 5, showed 2. Put the tag back on the character: still says 5, still only says 2. So, I dunno. Generally speaking the tags work.

If, however, I use the sort by tags feature under the "See all pages" link, it works perfectly. I think. That area only shows 4, but it's doesn't access characters, which would be the 5th one.

And typing in the search bar at the page top results in all 5 shown properly also. Seems to be an issue in the "All Tags" area.

1 more addition: Just noticed that the tag "undead" on one of my items isn't showing at all on the "All Tags" page. But it also shows from the search bar.
    Post edited by weasel0 on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

What is occurring is that Wiki tags are showing in results but Adventure Logs tags, character tags and item tags are not showing in the results.

For example for the following tag Starfinder Society, I created that tag in the wiki, adventure log, character and item sections.

https://starfindereventhorizon.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=Starfinder+Society

It shows there are 4 tags in total (with is correct), but the results is only showing the one wiki tag and the tags for adventure logs, characters, and items are not being shown.

They are among us!

• weasel0
    weasel0

What's funny is it WAS showing the 1 character who had the "Guild" tag until I deleted the tag from the character. It then didn't show back up after re-adding the tag.

• Bortas
    Bortas

Damnit, cgregory is killing it again! Good spot sir, I've been trying to nail down exactly where the weirdness is, but you're correct: its only returning wiki results. My site is wiki light, but item/character/adventure heavy, so naturally, my tags are the same.

-bort

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

My tags seem to be working OK. Characters, Wiki and Adventure Log all seem right.

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Hey @Bortas, @cgregory

The issues with tagging functionality should be fixed.

Thank you

Post edited by OPAdmin on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

Looks good. @OPAdmin

They are among us!

• Bortas
    Bortas

Yeah, nicely done, thank you!

-bort

• Bortas
    Bortas

When editing a page and adding a tag to it, it doesn't show in my tag search results. The number by the tag is correct, but when the search is run, it is one short; the newest one.

Anyone know how long it takes for the search results to populate, or is this a continuation of the same error?

-bort

• Bortas
    Bortas

I got an email from Jameela to check, and I'm seeing this issue as resolved, hooray! I use tags a lot to help group things for myself, I'm glad to have that functionality back.

-bort

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Thanks for the confirmation @Bortas! Glad to hear all is working as it should once again. 

If any other issues arise or you need assistance please drop us a support ticket!

We appreciate everyone hanging in there with us :)

This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions