"Ragged Vestiges" Campaign Now Recruiting

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Thanks for the link Yoshara!

Pfft! My Barbarian isn't tanky enough for you guys! Hmph. ( :P )

I can't quite do Yahoo, but I can do GChat if the interest is there. Sort of/intermittently, at any rate.
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Doh! I'm sorry, Rase; not sure wth, I was thinking. I guess I was remembering that conversation we had about magic in regards to barbarians and overlooked that you are going with the fighter type.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    No Worries! I know it's not as good as a dwarven fighter with a tower shield in full plate who you have to carry around and place in front of the enemy, but I'd think that Aurek will be a fairly stalwart defender!
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Note to self: start a character run business manufacturing dollies to wheel armored dwarves around the battlefield for quick deployment :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Awesome!! I think that would spawn a whole new set of combat rules... out of control dollies, skateboard charges, etc etc. Darn it... I wish I had time atm to create my character... I really wanna just sit down and do it, but it'll take a few minutes to get that kind of time. I'm around if anyone needs anything though
  • Nir
    Nir
    I got this feat from the SRD link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/belier-s-bite-combat). Can I use it?

Belier's Bite (Combat)

Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike.

Benefit: When you damage an opponent with an unarmed strike, you deal an extra 1d4 bleed damage.

Special: This ability does not stack with other special abilities, attacks, or items that allow you to deal bleed damage.
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Yes.
  • Nir
    Nir
    Sweet!
  • Nir
    Nir
    What technological age are we in?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ZE AGE OF WONDERS! (Honestly, I've got no idea - I'm just biding my time until time is available for me to roll my character...)
  • Nir
    Nir
    I'm asking in regards to (gun) weapons? Do they exist in our campaign or not?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    From what I've gathered of the setting, they may have existed once, in the past, but they do not "Currently" exist. They may exist as Archaotech, though. I think the best we've got for tech is the water wheel and the hourglass.
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Right, Rase. No firearms or zeppelins(other than musically) in this setting. Magic may be used to accomplish tasks our own predecessors found technological answers for, but Askari has never seen anything more advanced than water or wind power.

I also tweaked the home page. Let me know what you all think, please.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I like the image... it's very... hopeful after the apocalypse style imagery. Once I get my ducks in a row, I'll be able to heave ho with some coding and imagery for the site, but it's taking a bit to get that in order.
  • Nir
    Nir
    no one come back to me about the idea of using the Hyborian map. Anyone?
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    There is a map uploaded to the maps area already.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...wow, okay... Pathfinder just blew my mind.

_"You can never have more ranks in a skill than your total number of Hit Dice. In addition, each class has a number of favored skills, called class skills. It is easier for your character to become more proficient in these skills, as they represent part of his professional training and constant practice. You gain a +3 bonus on all class skills that you put ranks into. If you have more than one class and both grant you a class skill bonus, these bonuses do not stack."_

From the way I'm reading this, as a 1HD character, I can't have more than 1 rank/skill? (And then this gives me a +3 bonus in that skill, for a total of +4?) I feel like such a noob, but I'm used to the old CL+3 number of ranks way of doing things.
    It's more like a "Master of this skill? Check here" rather than a level of proficiency style thing, then?
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • Nir
    Nir
    You only get the +3 bonus for class skills (not every skill you take ranks in).
  • Nir
    Nir
    Yes a map has been uploaded. But there are maps and then there are maps. I just thought it would be easier to use a pre-existing world map (especially one that's very Earth-centric if you know what I mean).

BTW, are we going to use Maptools? I've been using it in my current game and and it rocks.
    We've also been using TokBox for live video conferencing (free).
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    I am looking at OpenRPG and Maptools right now and I have to say that Maptools is very user friendly. I prefer it so far.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Thanks for the clarification Nir - I'm going to get lunch now, which means I'll get to flesh out my character! I'm excited, and I have some sweet ideas!!!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Right! Hooray for Lunchtime!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...are we doing Max HP at first level?
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    I believe we are, thats what I did.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Excellent, excellent. I feel rather... robust. I'm also building my character around a concept, instead of around stats, which is nice.
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    Thats how I like it, build it around your roleplaying, not to be a power gamer. I'm both but I can never mix the two, this time Im going for the roleplay aspect.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Don't get me wrong... there's a bit of survival instinct built into the character, but he's a hardy northerner, so that's to be expected :)
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    To make things easier for communication, we should all probably get the same chat client. I'm flexible, i'll use whatever, but are there any that people can't/won't use? Looking at the list, i recommend wither gtalk or yahoo messenger (skype might not be a bad idea either, if we're going to be voice chatting at all).
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    You mean that posting on the forum rapidly back and forth every couple of minutes isn't doing it for you, Gaaran? :P During the day, your best bet for reaching me is gchat.
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    I am not sure about using skype to voice chat, I can use it, no problem but I suggest Ventrilo for voice chat as I have a vent server.