"Ragged Vestiges" Campaign Now Recruiting

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I have a friend who has a Pathfinder playtest book from GenCon, are the rules useable or should I go and purchase a core book later?
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Oh, if you want to make me a co-gm, I'm an ascendant member, so that might work to give us access to the forum and such. I promise not to abuse the power :P
  • Vandor
    Vandor
    Same here, ascendant, from my own tabletop game, but since i'm pretty tightly scheduled, I'd prefer to defer to Gaaran.
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    Same here, I will have to agree with Vandor though and defer to Gaaran.
  • Nir
    Nir
    Weird. For some reason I couldn't sign in earlier and post. Never mind.

I was just wondering, why not use the Hyborian (Conan) map. Just the map, not necessarily the campaign. It's beautifully made, suits the campaign world described so far (frozen north, swampy jungle south), and has a nice Earthy feel to it. I found a beautiful one online but I don't know how to attach it

(http://www.google.co.il/imgres?imgurl=http://www.conan.com/hyboria.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D24%26t%3D17730&h=1389&w=2000&sz=646&tbnid=uZXrHIzB6w80RM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dconan%2Bmap&zoom=1&q=conan+map&usg=__fgtd2twsMztlhvZJDwXdTJq9FD4=&sa=X&ei=dRjRTOu_McbBswaqs_i1Cw&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAA).
    Post edited by Nir on
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Ok, I'll try to address everything mentioned so far, but I have a lot on my plate this morning and a 10 yr old minion who will be showing up at my office at 1pm...hehe. gaaran, I'll go ahead and add you, bud. Oh, and btw, the map is uploaded on our page now :)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hey Ironhead - I'll get working on my character today. If we need any coding done on the wiki, I just need an organizational structure (I want the page to look like this, etc etc etc), and then I can have to with a will. For an example of the work I've done in the past, please see "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/planescape-campaign/wikis/main-page - I'm particularly proud of the map sections of the Planes and Sigil. I'm no stranger to some graphic work myself, but I'd likely defer to Yoshara and Vandor, but I could probably do in a pinch (I'll probably hack together some images when i get the inspiration.)

...I think, from the getgo, with regards to the wiki, if we could get a "wish list" as it were, progress can continue on the page unimpeded, as we can just refer to the wish list page to add something to the wiki. Something where Ironhead could say "I'd love if someone could, oh, I don't know, format a page in X style where we can put all the information on the Xanadu Keep that you guys totally destroyed last week", or Yoshara could say "Hey, I'm a bit busy this week, so could someone take over X graphic arts project"? Or maybe gaaran says "Hey, I'm working on a page that totally would look sweet with an image of a dragon eating a wagon wheel that's sprinkling crumbs like a donut," and someone can find, or make one. It's something I tried to do with my own page, but I lack design inspiration at the best of times. But I have the coding theory to whip together a few pages with snazz, depending on if I've got the proper direction! :) I can't wait to start working with you guys on making this campaign epic!
  • Nir
    Nir
    Something we haven't discussed yet...
    Which day of the week and what time are we going to play?

I live in time zone EST+7. So if possible, I'd like an EST afternoon game, say 2PM (EST) which will be 9PM my time (after my little critters are in bed). I can make any day of the week other than Friday.

Now, can someone help me. How do I get columns to align on my character sheet?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Column alignment depends on how you're aligning them. Are you using textile formatting or HTML? Can you send me a sample?

I'd love to be able to do an EST 2PM game, but during the week it'd be impossible for me (Minus Sat/Sun).
  • Nir
    Nir
    Textile formatting or HTML? I'm using the basic character option that Obsidian Portal is offering. Look at Tyson Ra's sheet for an example (he managed to align his columns).

Sat/Sun 2PM (EST) is perfect for me.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Gaaran is using html formatting in this style for tables:

Description

Character Name: Tyson Ra
    Alignment: LG
    Class: Monk

Level: 1
    Deity: Sarenrae

Race: Human

Size: Medium

Height: 6’1"

Weight: 180
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown

Just follow that format and you'll be fine.
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Added a few images from Hero Machine for visuals. Too rusty to do them by hand right now...hehe.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hey Ironhead - I can't view the pages you've created. If you're using Textile, you only have to use the brackets once [Like This] to create the page "Like This". I can't see any of the pages that have been created :(
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Take a look now, Rase. It's nothing amazing, but I'm squeezing it in between all the other things I have going this afternoon.
  • Nir
    Nir
    Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try soon.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hey! It works! Awesome! Now we just need a wishlist page and I can get cracking on formatting! :)
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    The 2pm EST game works for me, as I am currently in between jobs, but once I get one (hopefully sooner rather than later) I imagine I won't be able to commit to the same time and day every week. I thought the plan was to schedule our next session at the end of the current session, makes it the easiest for people with conflicting schedules I think.
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hey all. While I won't be able to directly game with you guys (due to a really busy schedule), Ironhead was kind enough to invite me to join the campaign anyway so that I could have a "front row seat" watching the world class role playing that is about to occur. So thanks everyone for letting me tag along! I'm excited to see what will come of this amazing synergy of gamers.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think that is the plan: I keep my plans flexible in case my work demands I travel, or my Fiancee wants to go someplace, etc etc. I hope that you're able to find work sooner rather than later too, Gaaran!

Also, welcome aboard the Synergy Express Arsheesh! (S.S. Synergy?)
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Haha, no pressure, right Sheesh? And Rase, with all the corporate buzz words abound, I'm surprise that's not already the name of an oil tanker or something :P.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I added a page to the wiki for us to add our contact information, e-mail and IM so we can communicate easier than on the forums if anyone wishes.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Excellent idea, my friend! (Gaaran, I have it on good authority that Exxon-Mobil owned an S.S. Synergy prior to the Exxon-Valdez disaster, but they changed it to the S.S. Unsinkable after that. Then, following BP's disaster, it became the S.S. Tee he he, we don't look so bad now, do we? (THHWDLSBNDW for short.))
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    if there's still room I'd love to give it a shot ^_^

1) What race and class are you hoping to play? What style of that class are you imagining for this character? What is his or her name?
    Human Bard, Lark

2) Please give a description of your character, including physical and personality traits you see as important.
    Female, dwelling on the extremely short side for humans, standing at 4'10" tall, Stubborn and nearly incapable of listening to direct orders given to her by authority figures.. She likes causing mischief when mischief can be made.. though more often than not it falls short of being mischief and is really just annoying.. loves to sing and not very well...

3) Give a bit of your character's history; i.e- age, relationships up to this point, occupation, apprenticeships, enemies, etc.
    One of the lucky few orphaned children to find a place to go, She was taken in my an old man who ran the general store in her hometown. He taught her different songs to help pass the time as he worked her hard to earn her keep. He died when she was 13. She's currently 19 years of age, with plenty of people who dislike her due to her personality... After the old man died she ended up out on the streets again having to beg for food and shelter.. eventually she began to travel with a carnival, taking on the role of introducing the many different acts that were displayed. She also sang and danced for money though sadly she never made near as much as she did for her comedy acts..

4) What are your character's goals? What drives him or her?
    She wants to be famous.. and she doesn't care how she achieves it. Though her dream is to sing for the important people in the world, kings, queens whatever royal courts that would have her. However the problem with her dream is she isn't very good at either of those things.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    5) What is your favorite fantasy series or novel? Please describe why.
    I have quite a few to be honest though my favorite is Harry Potter... The world is intriguing and well the possibilities of what could be done with it were amazing.. I admit I'm entirely thrilled with every last detail of the series but I grew to love the series quite a bit. I think it was because it combined magic creatures, magic, castles, epic power struggles and interesting characters.

6) Favorite fictional character in fantasy? All genres? Please describe why.
    Severus Snape... I know probably not a normal choice but the reasons I enjoyed his characterization evolved over time.. I mean yes at first he was quite mean and pretty cruel but none the less he was still a good person when it came to morality. He never once swayed from his role of spy and worked hard to ensure that dumbledore got his way. He even went so far as to murder the one person who showed him mercy, simply because it was asked of him. his character is tragic and intriguing. Combine that with his obvious intelligence and his dry humor it makes him a favorite of mine. I've read so many books so narrowing down my favorite character of all time is a pretty harrowing task... though I think if I had to absolutely choose it'd probably be Nancy Drew... she was smart, witty and always up for adventure.

7) Favorite figures from history? Why? William Shakespeare.. He wrote epic plays and knew how to twist words and make things exciting to watch. Hatshepsut, one of the few female pharaohs and the only one that I know of that was depicted as such in the artwork and statues made of her. She led an army to war even though at the time it probably wasn't the height of blasphemy, but she did it anyways. Lousa May Alcott... the first woman to publish a book under her own name, not fearing the ridicule that would most likely follow...

8) Prefered atmosphere for your campaign? Dark, epic, mysterious, light? I don't really have a preferred atmosphere.. though I tend to want to play things that a bit more involved... campaigns that require some effort and thought on the players part... so mysterious but still sort of light?
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    Rase - Here is Sgt Randelman - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Randleman

I didn't realize he died in '03
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I know i made a monk and all, but i just discovered the summoner in the advanced players guide... yeah, I'm switching to that. :)
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    lol! Are we going to have a tank of some sort without your monk?
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    so... i was looking through the advanced players guide... i'm going to stick with monk, and make a monk of the four winds, i like my character concept too much, and i didn't really have one for the summoner, they just looked really cool, i think i'll save the summoner for my back-up in case my monk dies :P
  • Nir
    Nir
    I'm playing a monkey too (for just a few levels) before I switch to something else. He's a bit different from yours. You're playing a "Bruce Lee" vs my "Jean Claude VD".
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    I'm on Yahoo Msgr this morning and available to set up a group chat if any of you are around and want to discuss things. Also, if anyone is reading this and interested in joining as a wizard, sorceror or any of the more traditional style tanks, we still have room and a need.