Link: 7 reasons why a zombie outbreak would fail

DarkMagus
DarkMagus
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I always use undead in my campaigns. I try not to, but they're just so fun. They're delightfully evil and creepy. Well, for those of us running worlds with the undead, here's a few helpful reminders, or maybe it's better as comic relief, I'll let you decide. Anyways I wanted to share this link about why a zombie outbreak would fail. It's both informative and funny. Enjoy.

"I'm in ur post, hotlinkin' ur URLs":http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    That is an awesome article I read it the other day and told a friend, he then reprimanded me about destroying his zombie destroying dreams :D
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Honestly, I remember "Cracked" from when I was still young, but I don't remember it actually having anything remotely intelligent to say. Good piece. I've always believed that zombies were overrated threats (at least in film) and this explains exactly why I thought that, without really having to think about why I thought that.
  • optimus_mush
    optimus_mush
    I once planned a gaming session where the players would play themselves (albeit outrageously enhanced) and we would begin the campaign sitting where we were doing exactly what we were doing: gaming in an apartment building. Screams in the hallway would herald the beginning of all-out zombie mayhem. The "players" would then get to travel around our own city, meeting up with zombified versions of our own friends, and not-friends and do to them as they wished.

I never got around to putting this together, but I had a great idea for awarding the player with the most zombie kills with a one pound "Ground Beef Award".
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Glad to share some laughs. A friend shared this with me today and I felt obligated to pass it along. :)

Also, sorry if I didn't format my link correctly, I was looking for some forum guidlines but didn't see any.

Optimus-- Thats a cool idea. Reminds me of My Dinner With Andre, everyone is playing themselves as a character doing the kinds of things they do and saying the kinds of things they say.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Even scarier than Zombies are Zombeez. Beez are scary as heck. Beez that turn you into zombies are even worse.

Darn it! Now I'm more hooked on this topic than I am about the UK's paper spacecraft program.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Awesome - that article raises some pretty legitimate points.