Obsidian Portal Podcast...

Embirsiphone
Embirsiphone
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I want to start one as soon as I get my portable Harddrive.. now I've never done one before but I think it'd be a fun thing to do... and given all the awesome people I met I want to invite them to help or star in the show as well :D Right now I just have a basic Idea of doing a podcast about the happenings on Obsidian and maybe a few other random things in the pen and paper world.. News and such.. interview moderators or Campaign leaders.. And I should be getting a Harddrive this coming month.. depending on whether or not my brother sticks to his promise..

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Can it be called a Piedcast?

No. Bad Duskreign. Don't shanghai another thrPIE!

DAMN
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    lol We could have special pie segments for kicks.. that way you can get your pie fix.. :D
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I'm definitely in, this sounds like it could be a fun pieject.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    :D It should be fun if we do it right :D
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    we could do Q&A stuff as well..
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    That's awesome, I've never actually seen a podcast, as there have never been any that I've been interested in/knew about before they happened.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ^_^ It wouldn't be much at first.. I don't got anything fancy.. I figured we could do a normal chat ones that way anyone can be involved if they like...
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Gotta come up with a little structure though, otherwise everyone talks over each other, especially if there are a lot of people like there might be with an open podcast.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Structure would be good, we could always prerecord it as well that way it doesn't happen

I'm thinking though that one person will host and the others come in when they need to..
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    that sounds good, and yeah, pre-recorded is the way to go, we probably need to be able to censor it... :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Uhhh I have no idea why that would be needed...
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Riiiight... ::wink::
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Umami, if you make it informative and inviting, it can be a big boon for Obsidian Portal. If I were you, before you get too far into the development stage, I would send a private message to Micah, Ryan, and/or Dan. Let them know what you would like to do, and see if they have any ideas, requests, or requirements. As Obsidian Portal is kind of Micah's baby, using his site as a venue for a podcast (pies or no pies) kind of means getting his blessing, or at the very least, his consent.

I will help in whatever capacity I am capable of.

-Duskreign
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Sounds intriguing, I'm interested. But I gotta second what Duskreign said: make sure that all of the right people are on board.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Definitely, if it's just a gaming podcast, we can do whatever we want, but if we're looking at an Obsidian Portal podcast, we'll have to get the overlord's blessing. Dusk and Sheesh are right, it COULD be a pretty cool thing for OP, but it's their name :).
    Post edited by gaaran on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Get your proposal/idea together and ask. It would be awesome. Also, why can't you guys be active during normal hours :(

Curse my having kids and a nighttime sleep cycle.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Whatever Jim, I thought you never slept :P.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    When I said that it was bravado. I actually feel quite old and beat sometimes. Especially when I get 3 16 hour days in a row at work.

Speaking of did anyone see the video Obsidian Portal shared on Facebook this morning? Completely hilarious.

Also, why aren't more of us friends on FB?
    Post edited by JimTriche on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I'll have to do that.. but I have no idea who they are.. at the very least it could be a gaming podcast..

It's cool that so many people like the idea though so hopefully they would as well...

And I do have a kid, she's three.. o.O I just never get enough sleep... lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Also the people who are most definately interested in helping out, make yourself known because a proposal won't be impressive if Garaan and I are the only people listed.. or if you just have suggestions in general..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Jim, look me up and friend me! [email protected]

And you can throw my name on that list Umami, but unfortunately seeing Duskreign on a list makes people want to burn the list.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I'm assuming you're going to make me join in the podcast as well?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    uuuh Not if you really don't want to.. *puppy eyes*
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I knew it...if I must (lol)
    Post edited by Silence_Eve on
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Gaaran, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're talking it over in our secret bunker.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    :D That's exciting to hear ^_^
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    This Facebook thing is a treacherous beast... one whose habit I have yet to kick, unfortunately.

...It's not a secret bunker if you talk about it! Shhhhh...
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Facebook is an evil addiction I'm not about ready to kick =P
  • Micah
    Micah
    We'd be happy to sponsor a podcast, with name, exposure, and hosting. The main thing we (Dan, Ryan, and I) want to avoid is spreading ourselves too thin. So, all we can give is our blessing and some money to pay for hosting costs. A simple blog/podcast hosting account shouldn't be more than $10/mo, and we'd be happy to cover that. But, what we can't offer is tech support or content. We've got our hands pretty full as is, so you'd be on your own in that department.

As to the rest, I recommend starting small and growing from there. Imagine how hard it is to get a gaming group together for a weekly game. That's about how hard it is to get a podcast crew together, as well. The smaller the crew, the easier it is to schedule a time.

Meh, I'll shut up, as I'm out of my core area here. I don't know how to run a podcast.

Send me a (short!) proposal with the people involved (and contact info), an overall plan (how often, show format, etc), and what you need. I'll look it over and we'll figure out how to proceed. Emphasis on short! No need for a complicated plan up front. We'll figure it out as we go.

[email protected]
  • Micah
    Micah
    Now back to Dragon Age! I'm catching up on PC games I've missed over the past few years while OP has eaten all my spare time.