Obsidian Portal Podcast...

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    No, I know when I'm not wanted. :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    lol No! You're wanted in the podcast :D I think i was just overwhelemed..
  • Ydeon
    Ydeon
    This would be awesome! I don't think I'd be much help with the podcast itself, but I'll see if I can lend a hand. :)

Game on!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Ydeon's in! It's officially a party.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Mostly we just need stuff to talk about... or else you know it'll be REALLY boring lol

So let's see that's Rase,ydeon, Paladin, Eve, Garaan, Jim and Dusk... I don't think I'm missed out on anyone.. but I yeah this is awesome we have so many people helping :D

I freaking forgot someone and they had just volunteered.. what the hell..
    Post edited by Embirsiphone on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I once put on my fedora and spent half an hour swearing and cursing because I thought I had lost it.

Of course, this was a day after it got swept off my head during a wind storm, flew across a divided highway, _under_ a moving bus, causing me to have to wait for a break in traffic to try and retrieve it: I got five feet from the hat before it repeated it's harrowing journey back in the other direction. I just _love_ Boston.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Did a couple test recordings of my voice.... Yeah it's not happening. I sound like a creep. Maybe I am -- I do tend to stare at the beach... In any case, I have a face made for radio and a voice made for newspapers.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    At least it's better than a voice made for stone tablets - although I always imagined those would be rather impressive. I also can't stand the sound of my recorded voice. I hate checking my voicemail because I have to listen to me. It's rediculous, because I used to be a singer, but, I feel the exact same way Jim.
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Well, if you have 7 people talking, which is a LOT, you could put together a 15 minute podcast with each person doing a 2 minute segment. However, 2 minutes goes by really fast in public speaking, so you might want to consider having a couple longer segments for things like interviews or big items that you want to act as features.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    As was previously suggested, I think you should have one or two standard anchors and a rotating cast of color commentators, perhaps 2-3 per show.
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Yeah, I agree with Dusk about the rotating cast of crazies. It would also allow commentators some extra time to write up their next session between podcasts.

Also, I don't know if any of you are as hoity-toity as me and listen to NPR... but for a sense of how much info you can get into a 2 minute segment, you can go online and listen to Birdnote, or Stardate. For a 5 minute segment, listen to their Business news headlines.

Oh! also, if you have segments that are not time sensitive... i.e. not tied to site or product releases, you could record a bunch of segments in advance without a specific podcast in mind when you have the inspiration, and plug them into later podcasts if you are feeling blocked, or strapped for material.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    A backlog of segments probably wouldn't hurt - particularly if, for example, someone can't record their segment for whatever reason, you have extra material to cover for that.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    That was the plan..I was just listing everyone who volunteered to be involved.. and thankfully i apparently have a pleasant voice via skype so hopefully I don't sound like a little girl..

However prerecording some segments would be an awesome idea :D so that's super helpful..

and there will be two standard anchors and people we rotate in.. even if I have to shanghai them off my friends list.. :D
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Now the only problem we have is content for the pilot episode.. I have different segment ideas One where we answer questions for players and DM's a like, giving advice or helping them figure something out.. Campaign of the week, one that usually isn't the obsidian featured campaign.. announcing GM's looking for players or players looking for a group, Then general discussion about something surrounding gaming where we share tips and tricks of our own, that we've gained from experience.. like making magic items easily, converting races things like that.. and then news about the site and then some random general discussion..

also discussing all this would be easier if I had everyone's IM's soo you can add me on windowsLIVE [email protected]
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I use YIM more than MSN, but the same protocol works.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    jimtriche@yahoo
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Just so people know, I've claimed content director for either an ask the expert type, or gm advice type segment. basically a dear abby for gms :).
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Yeah, I agreed mostly because he's been a huge help for me, and also everyone else will get to express themselve but he holds majority on it..
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    hehe, no big deal, just means that I have to come up with content for the segment, everyone can still discuss it :).
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ^_^ which makes things easier for me.. because seriously I don't know if I can find all the content every week lol
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'm crap with content recently - can't make a decision to save my life - it's why all the updates to my wiki have been mostly cosmetic today :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    well you don't HAVE to find content you could be someone that discusses it..
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I need a headset for the Skype-in'

If my voice passes the creeper test.

Also -- Skype - jim.triche

Ain't I original?
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    no no, that's what i wanted to do was find content :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    We find discussion topics and just go to town right?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    basically yup..

and I'll add you to my skype in jus a sec
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    skype adresses WOULD be helpful for anyone who wants to be someone who talks on the show, even if it's only every now and again..
  • Ydeon
    Ydeon
    That makes sense, I'm butterdroid over there...if anyone really wants to listen to my voice, hehe.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I have Skype. My username is Duskreign.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...I just realized - I have a work skype, but I don't have a me-skype. Figures. I'll have to go about creating one when I have some free time at home!