VociferousUrsus joins Obsidian Portal. Begins plan to write longest discussion topic ever seen on OP

VociferousUrsus
VociferousUrsus
edited August 2010 in Player Lounge
Curses! Foiled by the limited length of a subject line... No matter! I press on!

Hello gentle reader, I am VociferousUrsus (pronounced "WHAT?) but you can call me Mike as that is the name of which I, like most males of my generation, was given. I have been on Obsidian Portal for a relatively short while and decided that today I should make my presence known to the masses. Or at-least the masses who troll the OP forums.

HELLO MASSES.

What sort of masses are you? Malignant? Benign? Only time shall tell.

< plug >

I have a 4th edition Eberron campaign I am running for my long time gaming group out of Maryland call "The Mourning After". You should check it out. DO IT! http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mourningafter

I have been an active DM since the dawn of time, if time began in 1993. I have been playing with my current group of friends in one capacity or another since 2002.

We are located in beautiful suburban Maryland between DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore.

So here I stand a MAN with a VERY LONG USER NAME. DO WITH ME AS YOU SEE FIT.

First a question: Pancakes or Waffles?

With that I hurl myself into crowd.

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hello and welcome to the Portal VU,

I just gave your site a once over and it looks well done. I especially liked your "Four horsemen of the Apocalypse" flash animation; that was really something! If you are open to suggestions, I have one small formatting suggestion. Have you thought about adding margins to the pages in which you are using that parchment background? As of right now your paragraphs run into the borders of the parchment. This is a pretty easy fix. At the top of the page just add the following code:

And when you want to end these margins, just close the div tags like so:

You can adjust the margin by adjusting the px size. Anyway, just my 2c. Your site looks great so far though and I will have to go through it more thoroughly when I can find some time (I'm entertaining house guests at the moment).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    First, Balignent.

Second, The masses that lurk on the forums are a force to be reckoned with - a force for good!

I often have been the opinion that life began in '93. Of course, I was 7 at the time, so that's largely true. Oh dear, I just dated myself, didn't I. FETCH MY ERASER! Sadly, I didn't begin to play D&D until 2000, although that's when I found my group! So nyah! (Damn, I'm really emulating my inner 14 year old...) Although, the group has drastically shrunk in number (to 2-3), it is sort of kind of hovering and maybe growing a bit, but not really.

Thirdly! - Waffles. The texture is clearly superior, as is their capacity to hold mammoth sized wells of maple syrupy goodness, which is really why you are eating them in the first place. I vastly prefer Belgian waffles, however. But eggos have their place.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Blessings! Empowered by the limitless width of a verb line
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    CURSES! YOUR PERSONAL HERO! has struck agai---No, no, damnit! Duskreign! Get back here!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Heeheehee! You'll never catch me!(dives behind a comically-tiny spring tree and disappears in a puff of green sparkling smoke.)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Curses! Foiled again! (Stomps around, turning red and steaming out the ears.) And I would have caught him too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! (points irately at the comically-tiny spring tree)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    (comically-tiny spring tree looks around and points at itself in a "who, me?" expression).
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    (tears the mask off the comically-tiny spring tree to reveal.... a comicallier-tinier springier tree!) Drat! (Twiddles his moustache, pondering how a tree could point at itself, then trying again, to the same result.) Curses! Turtles all the way down!
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Welcome to the Portal. How on earth has my new post notification been turned off?
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Also due to stuttering finger syndrome you will be called NoisyBear.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Welcome to the forums NoisyBear. This was really a pretty good indication of what to expect around here. :) We're all pretty helpful and we're all a little touched in the head (apparently :P).

I've been gaming since probably '95-96, but my current group is only a couple years young. Great group of guys though. And the same could be said about these forums (well, guys and girls, I think there are a couple around here :P). At any rate, welcome!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    A little?
  • VociferousUrsus
    VociferousUrsus
    Honestly, I expected more hazing. NoisyBear makes me sound like some kind of annoyingly vocal, B-list Carebears character, but I guess that'll have to do.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Post edited by VociferousUrsus on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Warning: Use of the Care Bear Stare is prohibited.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Dusk, I was calling on average. You raise the bar just a little for the rest of us ;).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Thanks!

I mean, HEY!

Also, NoisyBear = excellent garage rock band name.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Garage rock band? Nay, Dusk, think big picture!

I'm seeing campaign poster's now: NoisyBear in 2050! NoisyBear runs for office, overturning the reign of quiet tyranny brought about by QuietPossum and his vice-president PricklyPear. NoisyBear brings PricklyPear to justice with distinctive use of the Paw Paw agreement of 2049, and brings the Bear Necessities of Life to the people!

(I have a distinct feeling that I should be shot for doing that...)
  • CJfhtagn
    CJfhtagn
    Ahoy!

Since I see this has turned into somewhat of a intro/troll panel, I decided the that it's reached the perfect pitch to make myself heard. I am CJfhtagn (pronounced "sanity tastes of bacon") and am friends with Vocifer... NoisyBear (a comically appropriate name, imo). I am not quite witty and no where near as noisy, possibly a bit more touched in the head, and I do enjoy a good row.

I have been playing roleplaying games since 1994, but didn't actually play D&D until about 10 years later. I have established numerous game groups around the country, but always seem to find myself returning to Mr. Bear. On and off, the group is roughly 5 years strong, although it more resembles a rotating institution with few core members.

My favorite game system is probably Secrets of Zir'an, followed by White Wolf's d10. GURPS and Rifts hurt my brainmeats, and d20 I never seem to find quiet as versatile without purchasing mountains of books /troltrolltroll. Waffles also far surpass pancakes.

Can anyone else relate to having numerous never-been-played RPG books sitting idle on the shelf, piles in the corner, propping up a table leg so it stops from wobbling? I can't tell if I have a spending problem, or I just don't have enough roleplaying time.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I've always seen it as a bit of both: Although I deeply desire to purchase/play Alpha Omega, I highly doubt I'll ever be able to play it. I hear it makes a lovely coffee table book, though. Welcome, BacoSan! I hope that you and NoisyBear have a grand old time on the Portal!
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Welcome to you as well CJ.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Well then wake that mutha up!
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Dusk, I'm pretty sure he's got an alarm clock set, but it's your sanity.

To NoisyBear and CJWaitsDreaming, welcome to the portal. It doesn't get much better than this (so are you an optimist or a pessimist?).

Also, what do you mean? What kind of waffles? What kind of pancakes? It's not my first time crossing a perilous Bridge of Death, you know.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Pancakes are horrible. Crepes on the other hand...wait...is a crepe a pancake? I think it is. Damn! Turns out that my previously held opinion about pancakes has just been beaten mercilessly into the ground. And I did it to myself. Still...put me down for waffles.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    My dad (God rest his soul) used to make pancakes with corn muffin mix. Just saying. They were amazing. I miss them almost as much as I miss him. (Not even close, but still, great pancakes).

Jon, what if he accidentally set it for PM instead of AM? Who hasn't done that, huh? Also, we don't know; Cthulhu might be a snooze-alarm whore.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Cornmuffin pancakes are the most delicious breakfast food...

I tried to stay away, because whenever I pop up in a thread it seems to be derailed quite quickly however it seems ol' dusk got to it first.. Now I love pancakes.. they're yummy, waffles in my opinion are nothing but crisp pancakes stuffed with air..

I'm Malignent...

I pretty much play DnD exclusively and since no one else did it it seems Welcome CJ :D

Oh! In case you didn't notice I'm one of the girls that lurk around here!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Sorry, SeeJay, I didn't realize I never welcomed you. Hail and well met, fellow gamergeek! Welcome to Obsidian Portal. You've already formed an opinion of me based on my inanity, so I needn't explain myself.
  • CJfhtagn
    CJfhtagn
    And I do feel welcome!

Waffles= Pancakes stuffed with air? To which I ask... What's wrong with air? The kind of pancakes and waffles I feel are up to you to decide, however I'm certain it won't make a difference. Even the lowliest waffle easily triumph's over the mightiest pancake.

Embir, that's fantastic! We have a girl that lurks around our gaming table as well. And while that might be a pretty sick setup for some sort of sexist joke, she's seriously one of the best gamers I've played with... as long as it's before midnight. Then she turns into a pumpkin. A tired, cantankerous pumpkin that kills NPC's out of spite.

And as a note: feel free to friend me. I know I'm not entirely active on the Portal as I'd like, but you all seem like good people.
  • VociferousUrsus
    VociferousUrsus
    Cj is in dire need friends. /troll

People who like pancakes never need to ask for friendship. They just go to the local IHOP.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...I have a burning desire to create an IHOW, now, right across the street from an IHOP. ...but don't they also sell Waffles at IHOP? ...why cant the Waffles and the Pancakes just be friends? The Waffle likes to hold the syrup, while the pancake is better at soaking it up..?

(I have no shame... I was considering turning that last bit into a song from a musical, but I couldn't reword it properly - don't have the time right now. I doubt the musical would be readily apparent anyhow.)
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Well I really like breakfast foods of all kinds, but waffles are my least favorite I think.. besides sausage patties.. yuck..

It is fantastic I'm a girl :D And that sounds about right except I kill things out of spite at 2 a.m. instead of midnight.. I would totally work at an IHOW just to spite IHOP.. :P