VociferousUrsus joins Obsidian Portal. Begins plan to write longest discussion topic ever seen on OP

2»

Comments

• FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    To VociferousUrsus and CJfhtagn: welcome! Did you ever notice that you can scan the phrase "Ia Ia C'thulhu fhtagn" to the tune of "What do you do with a drunken sailor?" I would love an opportunity to teach a bunch of small children those new lyrics, except for the part where I'd have to be around a bunch of small children.

To Rase Cidraen: I got the musical reference, and I'm going to need to go listen to the Banana Phone song or something to get your earworm out of my head.

To everyone else: So is everyone on the last half of this thread living either outside the USA or north of the Mason-Dixon line? I used to live within almost-reasonably-walking distance from a Waffle House, and they saved the lack-of-bacon of a vegetarian friend of mine when we were in St. Louis for NASFiC a few years ago.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Sorry about that - just watched the musical last night, reminiscing about when I actually was in it. But yes, I'm a Northerner by vocation, a Southerner by Blood.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Oooh, you were in it? Neato! I was in a production of "Side Show: the Musical" last semester. I missed two solid months' worth of gaming and IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT because I'M A FREAKIN' APPLAUSE JUNKIE. =)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Never seen that one. I've clocked over 100 plays/musicals, more if you count Improv shows (Which I count separately), so I'm taking a nice long break and getting back into my gaming.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I've never been in a musical.. though I think it'd be incredibly fun... ^_^

I live up in wisconsin Femme.. it's a sad state i'm in...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol, ringringringringringringring BANANA PHONE!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I have the banana song stuck in my head from Youtube now.. >.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I Strongly recommend that pretty much anyone ever get involved in a musical, if practical. I think they're rewarding to get involved in, if not necessarily be on-stage when the show goes up. That's why I do set construction occasionally in my spare time. But only occasionally. Because I don't have that much time on my hands, unfortunately.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    They are most definitely time consuming. Heck, I'm only in a MT workshop this semester, we're doing snippets of several shows and not a whole lot of blocking or set design, and I can already tell it's gonna kick my butt.

But two of the shows we're doing are "Into the Woods" and "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", and I'm cast as the Baker's Wife and the understudy for Doatsy Mae (who gets my current favorite-est song in the whole show), so it's gonna be the fun kind of butt-kicking.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    If you can, a revue can be quite satisfying, but also horrific. I did a three-act all musical revue (Two lines of dialog in the whole thing, and even then it was the setup for a song.) I was in every number minus five or so - nearabouts anyway. Which meant at one point, I was wearing four costumes on top of each other. It was...very hot. And the odd thing, for a show that was purely composed of music from other shows, it actually had a semblance of a plot.