available fonts?

Comments

• Lyle
    Lyle
    I'm new to OP, and textile, and haven't used HTML in years, so maybe there's something I'm missing. Does anyone know what fonts, other them Times, are usable in OP?
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    I don't know of a way to change fonts using textile, but you can style your text to use any "commonly available web font":http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html using inline CSS formatting, like so:

This text will be in Arial font.
  • Aviona
    Hi! Related to the question above, can anyone tell me if there is some formatting that will let you change the font for an entire page? I tried putting the entire page between the < span > tags given in the example above, but the font remained the same. The page uses mostly Textile tags and tables, but has the occasional < hr / > tags thrown in, also, so maybe some of that messed things up.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    If you want to do the whole page, use a _div_ instead of a _span_.

Upon investigation, it seems that _span_ tags are being parsed as regular text by the wiki system, and so if they are followed by a line break, they will be enclosed in a _p_ (paragraph) tag. The closing _p_ is placed at the first line break, and implicitly closes the _span_ as well, keeping the span from effecting anything further down the page. By comparison, the _div_ tag seems to be correctly identified as HTML code, and not tampered with in the parsing process.

A span followed by a line break like so:

Produces the following brokenness when parsed:

Where as the _div_ version:

Produces correctly formed code when parsed:

_Note: Cross posting this to the Bugs forum as well._
  • Aviona
    The < div > tags did the trick. Thanks, Chainsaw!