Why would such a person become A Adventurer?

marshalljames1

I've decided to do something I've never done before and become A Player in A 2nd edition WFRP Campaign but I have a problem.Why would such a person become A Adventurer?. Any suggestions?

The facts are that I ended up with A Noble and after rolling on Tables a friend made to determine my characters family I ended up with a very unusual character

My characters mother was A Very Senior Baroness, his father was A Very Minor Duke, when he was born his  mother was 19 but his father was 54 and as his mother was his fathers 2nd wife and 4th lover he had 3 brothers, 2 sisters, 2 nieces and 2 nephews that were between him and his fathers Dukedom

But because my characters the only child of a only child theirs no one between him and his mothers large Barony and my character also inherited The Dowry that his father gave his mothers father

That dowry was 6,500 Gold Coins worth of Land and Property that nets him 475 Gold Coins per year, another 1,100 Gold Coins in cash, 3 Crates that all hold 40 4-pint bottles of best quality Sherry, 1 Pegasus Egg that can still be hatched, 1 Magic Dagger -no powers but can harm foes that can only be harmed by magic and 1 Magic Money Bag -gives him 1 Gold Coin per day

So why would someone whose got 1 very large Barony, another 6,500 Gold Coins worth of Land and Property that nets him 475 Gold Coins per year, another 1,100 Gold Coins in cash,, 100 bottles of best quality Sherry, 1 Pegasus Egg that can still be hatched, 1 magic weapon and 1 magic item become a adventurer

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

The first motivation that comes to mind is as a cure for boredom.

Could also be to prove himself worthy of his followers.

Or you could make up a background like Athos's where he had a terrible event happen with a love interest and basically ran away from his position to drown himself in drink.

Or he could just want to aspire even higher than he already is.

Or maybe he has a curious interest that other people don't really get or understand like a fascination with a particular kind of shunned magic or a particular ancient civilization that he wants to uncover.

Or maybe he's something like Buddha in some sense and wants a to eschew his material wealth to be more at one with the world.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member