Can you auto pull in characters from D&D Beyond (and populate character sheet)?

Ohiogould
Ohiogould

Just wondering if someone had already found a way to pull in D&D Beyond character sheet info... I know that there is a way in Roll20, hoping my players can build their charcter in D&D Beyond and then I can have them displayed on OP.

~Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

i dont know if there is (yet) but if you can have them pull a pdf from d&d beyond then you can display the pdf in the character page by embedding it. it will look like this:

https://gaximplague.obsidianportal.com/characters/xtest2-pdf ;

(I just used a random pdf I had on my page about maztica)

use the code:

<div class='oembed'><a href='INSERTLINKHERE'></a></div>

where it says insert link you need to upload the pdf to your media library and then copy the link from there:

hope this helps!

Frak

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

Frak's suggestion is a good one if they are planning to manage their Character at DNDBeyond anyway.

I think one of the members created a D&D *4th* edition Character Sheet (aka DST) that would import from DNDBeyond, but since DNDBeyond is now on to *5e*, I'm guessing that particular DST doesn't doesn't work anymore.  And, as far as I know, no one has created a new "import from DNDBeyond" DST yet.

Obsidian Portal Developer