DST Requests

Comments

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Wow, ask and ye shall receive! Never dreamed of hearing any dev on this for awhile yet. How serendipitous! 

1) Understandable, whatever it takes to get the functionality

2) Brilliant

3) Standard placement and ordering is a cluster presented together in this order: 

Stamina Points/ HIt Points/Resolve Points

4) Needs a Senses area like in PF for darkvision, etc. 

That would be absolutely magnificent! Let me know when I can swap them in and then police them to make sure all the data made it through swapping sheets. 

I owe you a drink after quarantine at GenCon or something! 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Okay, so the following changes have been made to the Starfinder DST (I just did the english version for the moment, assuming all is well, I'll update the Spanish version too)

• Speed has been moved to be underneath the attributes

• Resolve (Current and Max) Added to the HP and Stam box

• HP/Stam box made wider to accommodate the new values

• Senses box added with single-line entry for senses

• Armor box now has dynamic list with default 4 list items instead of 4 set items

• Augmentations box added with dynamic list (default 2 list items)

• Magic Items box now has dynamic list with 2 default items instead of 2 set items

This should be live for the public now, so please let me know how it's working and if there are any issues or if there was any data loss. The only potential for data loss would be the 2 magic items and the 4 armor items, but this should not have happened as they all have the same dsf field names, so it should've transferred over fine.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

I just happened to be entering PC data when it went live. Here are my notes: 

• Augmentations - change Slot to System and it's perfect. 

• Something weird going on with weapons and armor, entries swapping between the two and data evaporating. 

• Magic Items fantastic now. 

Also, if theres a tutorial on building out these sheets shoot me a link please. Might be able to lend a hand. 

Thanks for all that, Kallak, you're a prince! Other than what is mentioned above this is now a functional Starfinder sheet! Deeply appreciated and well timed! Thank you! 

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Okay, another update on this:

• Changed "Slot" column header to "System" as requested.

• Ooops, grats copy/paste without changing the word "weapon" to "armor". This should now be fixed.

• The Magic Items and Augmentations sections should now hide themselves if there are no entries like some of the other boxes do.

Tutorial wise, you can check out our Help area's DST Creation article. If you read over that and then start looking at some of the other DST templates out there, that should help you get started.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Fantastic! Looked at the tutorials, don't have the time or the energy to learn the CSS, etc. HTML and wiki markup are about my limit. However, since you have been kind enough to kick this sheet into shape I will do what I should have done last post, give it an actual top to bottom audit. The functionality is excellent, it just needs a few things relabled or split up to be perfect. So, let's start at the top: 

Weapons Section

Add a field for Level (weapons, armor, magic items etc all have levels now) and a field to denote one or two handed

Armor Section

Add a field for Level, Change Type to Category

Skills

Highly optional, but a Conditional box, like the one on saving throws would be fantastic. Lots of things give focussed skill mods. 

Magic Items Section

Love the way it hides when unused! Change Type to Level and it's perfect. 

Spells Section

Connctions option: In PF there are two domains and so two sections for domain spells for each. SF Connections are singular, you only need one of the two. 

Thanks for your work on these, I'm draggin my Starfinder gamers over to OP, and having  a functional sheet is key. Everything above is just fine tuning, at present the sheet is functional. To see it in the wild take a look at the PCs here.

Muchas gracias, senor! 

• The_Creep
    The_Creep

I'd love it if someone did a DELTA GREEN character sheet!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

How is that different from Call of Cthulhu? 

Never knew about this game- how is it?

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

@DungeonMasterLoki, thanks for the notes on the Starfinder DST. Having the specific details that need fixing/updating really helps. I've made the following changes:

• Added a "Hands" field to the weapon table (Level was already on there, so I'm not sure if it just got missed or what).

• Added a "Level" field to the armor table.

• Updated the "Type" label to be "Category" on the armor table.

• Updated the "Type" label to be "Level" on the magic items table.

• Added a sub-table for "Conditionals" to the skills area.

• Added a border-bottom entry for the "Senses" input so the text isn't "floating" anymore.

Regarding the connections, should I remove the area for "Connection Powers" or "Connection Spells"?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Fantastically helpful! Thank you! 

Next time you have free time I'll pester you about the starship sheet. I can make a list of needed fields and shoot you a standard layout sheet if that would help. 

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Pathfinder 1 universal character sheet: getting a weird NaN output in the totals for Saving throws. 

• Kallak
    Kallak

You have a character where it's happening I can look at to see what's going on?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

@DungeonMasterLoki, so I did some looking around on your campaign until I found an instance. The issue is the fact that you put in dashes for things like where there isn't a bonus. The sheet's code is looking for either nothing or a numerical value in there, so if you take out the dashes and leave things blank in instances where there isn't a number to be had, it will resolve that issue.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Nice detective work...

Just trying to help out.

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Many thanks! 

• Antohierax

Hello,

Would it be possible to make a Vampire the Masquerade 5e character sheet?

That would be awesome.

Thanks either way
    Post edited by Antohierax on
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

We need a GENERIC Savage Worlds Sheet. Similar to THIS

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Over at Stormbunny Studios we will be launching Bloodlines and Black Magic as it's own game (based on D&D 5e). I am encouraging our team to look into using OP for their games as I intend to. If I shoot y'all a character sheet could I talk you into adding it? Game comes out on Halloween. 

• Kallak
    Kallak

Definitely

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

Hi all, 

I have got a number of people interested in using Obsidian Portal for a Masks game.

https://www.magpiegames.com/masks/

roll20 already has a set up for it.

cheers,

Frak

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• Kallak
    Kallak

I've never played masks, so if there are specific calculations or anything, I wouldn't know those, but I'm sure I could put together something. If there's a layout you like, give me a link and I can build something similar.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

Hi @Kallak,

updside: The sheets contain almost no maths :) it's mostly lots of checkboxes, only 5 number boxes and spaces to write sentences. 

downside: each character class (called playbook) has a bunch of different set ups so there is no one official character shee for them all.

upside: someone else already created an html for each playbook here:

https://sheet.adventureforhire.com/masks/

i don't know if it is a lot of work to make a drop down for each playbook and use this html code?

bonus side: if that is all too complicated, here is a very super simple excel sheet which gives enough space for people to write: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z6Ml4Z2M0jgBOI-FZFRAMoq3sIRXQSsnKkK7HbNjVSY/edit#gid=0

Cheers,

Frak

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• Kallak
    Kallak

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look and see what will be the most helpful.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • dragondreams
    dragondreams

Hello!

In line with the topic - I would really like to use drop-down-lists for some of my fields in a DST.   

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask a second related question, :-).  I have been working with ChainsawXIV's code as a place to steal pieces in an attempt to try to cobble that capability for drop-down lists together, :-), as well as wanting to use that code for the more normal text-box like things...  Is there a proper forum to aks for help with that?  Would creating a New Discussion in this area be ok?   

Thanks!

• thaen
    thaen

@dragondreams, I think you would just create a new thread here:

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/categories/dst-development

I think this thread is more "I want someone to create a DST for this particular game".

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Kallak
    Kallak

@dragondreams, as @thaen mentioned, this is more of a "request a sheet" style thread. That being said, to give something of an answer to your question (without having to discuss it at length in this thread), you can check out my 5e sheet for a working method to add a drop-down to a DST.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • dragondreams
    dragondreams

Awesome!  Thanks !!'

• GodoftheAssholes

Has anyone considered making a sheet for Ultramodern5 Redux?

• thaen
    thaen

@GodoftheAssholes, no one yet.  Are you thinking about taking it on?  If so, let us know, and we can add Ultramodern5 Redux to the Game Systems, so the DST will have a home.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Omeri
    Omeri

I am trying to get started on an Aberrant DST (The one for the d10 Storyteller system, not the new Story Path system which happens to be a whole new kettle of fish). I have tried to dig around at the available literature thus far and I am stumped at how to get started. The thing is, it shouldn't be that hard to make since there are both Exalted and Vampire DSTs already approved. I just need a way to visualize this new DST. I can't get the stuff I have downloaded so far to work. Any thoughts?