There is a MASSIVE elephant in the room!

2»

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @twiggyleaf, there's a beta feature called "public forums" that lets the GM choose specific forum threads to make public.  It's sort of tailor made for play by post games.

We're using it here for the Fat Pig campaign:

https://tobuyafatpig.obsidianportal.com/public-forum

Let me know if you want to try it out on your campaign, and I'll add you to the beta.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Thanks @thaen, that's good to know  I'm not sure we want it to be public at this stage.  I'll see how it runs for a bit, and also speak to the others to see how they feel.  If we decide to "GO FOR IT", I will be in touch with you and also look again at the "Fat Pig" example.

I must also really commend your active participation on these "forums", or as is now the preferred nomenclature, within the "community".  (I didn't see anyone commenting on the change to the campaign page links, but I thought it was a good change.)

smileyyesheart

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

@twiggyleaf, sounds great, whatever works for y'all.  No pressure.

I must also really commend your active participation on these "forums", or as is now the preferred nomenclature, within the "community".  (I didn't see anyone commenting on the change to the campaign page links, but I thought it was a good change.)

Thanks for the commendation!

Haha!  I made that change from "Forums" to "Community" to satisfy my need for consistency.  On the Support page, the same link was referred to as "Community", but in the Quick Links and in the Footer it was called "Forums".  And "Community" seemed like a good way to differentiate it from the "Campaign Forums".  So I standardized on "Community" in the site navigation...but feel free to call it whatever you want.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

LOL!  "Community" is great!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Attending a few events @GenCon online and 2 games....

Just trying to help out.  Changed name from killervp to Gaming Megaverse to match other sites.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hey GamingMegaverse, never stop never stopping!

wink

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

The best part of it being online is the influx of people from your region of the world participating- Lots of people from Great Britain and Europe.

Just trying to help out.  Changed name from killervp to Gaming Megaverse to match other sites.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Brilliant!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Well, we finished off the first mini session of the MYSTERIA Play by Post adventure.  You can find the latest log in "JAILHOUSE ROCK".  It was a good little session but only three of us took part.  We used the "brackets dice bracket ENTER 1d-whatever brackets end-dice brackets" TOOL SYSTEM available for private forums on ASCENDANT sites, and I have to report that it worked out really well.

But the main reason I am including it in this thread was that I was once again reminded how the Covid-19 situation still has its restrictions.  Of the six of us in the group, one was not involved due to needing a break, one not involved due to vision/print/tech details and one not involved due to mental stress related to the Covid-19 situation.  I believe all of these are Covid-19 related, in actual fact.

We are used to playing actual TABLE TOP games at a LOCAL AUTHORITY venue that is currently closed.  I suspect it will be some time before we are permitted to "get back to normal", if that status is even something we can look forward to.  At the moment, we are all adapting, and carrying on as best we can.

I look forward to hearing other views...

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

There have been several adaptations to our group (both gaming and lifestyle) since the start of the Covid-19 crisis.  As a tabletop group, playing weekly games in a local authority community centre, all of our normal games have changed and we have had to make many adaptations.  We all decided we would not continue with our three concurrently running campaigns until all members were able to play, so in that time, one of has run a simplified game using skype and a crafty innovation of extra mobile phone on a tripod, and I have run a small section of "MYSTERIA" as a Play by Post game, using the automatic dice rolling feature available on Ascendant Campaign Forums.  

With the local community centre factor that runs many of the centres and facilities reporting closures, it seems we may not get our normal venue back for some time, if even at all.  So, with the gradual easing of lockdown measures in Scotland, our group have arranged a tabletop test game in mid September at the home of one of our members.  We will take all necessary steps to remain as safe as possible, but it will be good to see each other (for real) again.  Even though we have been maintaining weekly meetings on SKYPE, it should be inspirational to have a REAL game again.  I will report in again after this session.

Is anyone else restarting a tabletop game anytime soon?

Inner Council Member

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

My group been back to tabletop for 2 months now I'd say? Maybe more?

• friendlypickle
    friendlypickle

Been using Discord and Roll20 for years, with Obsidian Portal as our 'Home Base' to manage everything.  Works well

• Krothos
    Krothos

My 2 groups have been staying with Roll20, with OP being used to house our campaign information.

We have to stay virtual for the time being as I have players that are considered high risk (i.e. recent heart condition, works in a doctor's office, works for local sheriff, has a new-born). So we're making the best of it though I can't wait to get back to the physical table!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Looks like our planned Tabletop game later this month has been delayed again due to new Lockdown measures in the Glasgow area of Scotland.  Ah, well, we shall keep on trying to find that time, and continue to have our weekly chat on Skype in the meantime.

Inner Council Member