How are things these days?

Basileus
Basileus

I see a lot of the old names around. Are things stable these days? I'm getting the bug again and wondering if it's worth signing back up for a subscription.

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hey Basileus, I would say things are pretty stable now.  The "bad old days" are gone, and Kallak has excelled in keeping things together.  

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I think things have stabilized, and the site is good to go for performing the functions we are used to, an excellent platform.

But I do feel it is still in a "steady state" mode, with minor improvements on occasion.

• weasel0
    weasel0

There's even a number(well 1 is a number) who swore this off forever(and old staff who liked it that way) who have made a return even already.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Well, as with basically everything, things could be better; but we're certainly making forward progress (albeit slower than preferred to be sure). Seeing some of the old crowd popping up is definitely awesome - and I hope it continues.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

It's absolutely worth renewing. Now sure what the old features were, but as a pretty active DM, it's got what I need and more. I've only been really active on the site for the last year or so, but it's a fantastic. I keep hearing about "the old days"- but honestly, the site works great for what it focuses on, and improvements ARE being made by some VERY hard working people. I wish there was a more active community but I feel like it has been improving lately.

Post edited by Conan_Lybarian on

• killervp
    killervp

Kallak has made a huge difference!  While I am nowhere near as active, nor using most of the ascendant features, I came back....

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

I hope to be able to continue doing so. It's been an honor thus far.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee

• Omegabase
    Omegabase

The old 500 errors and most other bugs have been squashed for most of this year.  Been months since i've had any problems.  As long as I have an active RPG campaign going i'll be here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcanearth

Gammaworld 2754

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

The system is stable and the platform as useful as ever. Glad I never gave up and hung around

• DungeonMasterLoki
    DungeonMasterLoki

Well now. I might just turn up a bit more if that's the case. Pretty solid on a private wiki for most of my stuff atm, but worth considering. How hard is it to restore deleted campaigns from the OP backups? 

• Kallak
    Kallak

How far back is the deletion?

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee