Update #18 - The "coming up" update

Kallak
Kallak

Greetings and salutations OPers. It's Monday, so I'll jump right into the updates.

Give us the updates:

[1] Knowledge base/How to stuff

As mentioned previously, I've been working on the knowledge base/how to rewrite for the site (again, part of the initiative to make the site more new-user friendly). Though things are still progressing, it really is starting to take shape, and so, I thought it'd be cool to kinda toss a preview out there and see what you guys think; get some feedback as it were.

Most of my writing background comes from the technical side of the spectrum, so I've been going with a sort of instruction manual approach. As you can see from the image below, each entry has a brief description, a list of steps to achieve what is being discussed, and then a short video of me doing it. Any associated notes are identified as such, and appear before the video.

The sample provided here is from the how to area of the update, and will differ quite a bit from the "getting started" material (which I'll do a preview of a little bit later down the road). That said, please let me know what you think, and I'll be happy to hear it (you should be able to click on this image to see the full size version of it).

[2] The new guys call

So, in the "things to come" department, I participated in a Skype call this week with a new dev team that's coming on board to work on new features that have been outlined. For those of you who have been around long enough to go through some of the various changeovers in the past, no this is not me saying that the old tech team is out and a new tech team is in, and that everyone is starting over and all the updates are going to be about people getting the lay of the land. No no no. This is a team brought in specifically to work on a list of upcoming features.

Having said all of that, it's still a bit early for me to start doing teases or outlines of the stuff being worked on, so I'm going to hold off on that for the moment. But, you can definitely count on some of that in the reasonably near future as we start getting closer.

~~~

A bit of a short one this week, but we got a graphic! So, give me that feedback on the updated help/knowledge base sample, and if you have any problems, questions, ideas, or anything else, drop me a line either on the site or at [email protected] - until next week!

All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• Krothos
    Krothos

OMG, Kallak... you're the worse! "Not going to tease you about the new upcoming features" That is such a tease! LOLOLOL

• Kallak
    Kallak

Now that you mention it, I suppose that does come off more tease-y than I meant it to. It was supposed to be like Step 1: mention new features are coming. Step 2: do the new features teaser. But I guess I did a step 1.5 kind of thing - my bad.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Easy-peasy: "Teasy-weasy" aint no pleasey!   (Great job!)

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Still here, let Ascendant lapse though.

Regular updates and improvements and I will be fully back.  Still gun shy with Kaleidoscope et al.

I give credit to Kallak, and say "thanks".