Update #16 - Working on it

Kallak
Kallak

Howdy gang, it's Monday (barely) - which means it's time for OP updates.

What's been going on behind that curtain?

[1] Twitter authentication

So, unfortunately work on fixing twitter authentication continues for the moment. I'm not sure specifically what the hold up is, but the word that I'm being given is that it's taking way longer than anyone originally anticipated. My guess is that there were complexities that didn't present themselves initially, but are now holding things up. It's rough, but I think it's the final lap so to speak. If not, we'll have to start charging this bug rent...

[2] Sponsorship stuff

If you missed it in the last featured campaign post, we announced the beginning of sponsored prizes for CotM. Thanks are due to Modiphius Entertainment for their generosity and support, so please show them some love when you can, as they're really doing OP a solid. We're also talking to other game-related entities, so you may just start to see more stuff along that same vein start to come down the track. I'll announce those if/as they come.

[3] Knowledge Base/Help area

I've mentioned a few times here and there that I'm in the process of re-doing and updating the old help/knowledge base material. Things are really starting to take shape in this area, and I think we're getting close to being within striking distance of getting this rolled out - which should really help new(er) users (which is also on the list of tweaks and such to help new users). I wish I had a date or something I could give out, but we're not quite to that point yet, I'll keep everyone posted as we get a little closer.

~~~

That's going to have to be it for now. More to come next week. Take care OPers.

All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

Good for you - the last item is really key to keeping OP a thriving community. If we forget how to make it easy for newcomers, they will stop coming, and eventually the old hands will trickle away.

Expert users are well known to complain about effort being spent on introductory users, but it really is key to keeping us a strong community.

-bort

• Kallak
    Kallak

Thanks @Bortas! Absolutely, spot on. Its nice to know that there's understanding for the efforts to assist new(er) users in the community (and the need to do so).

All the best,
    - Kallak