Obsidian Portal - Changes and Updates for 2018

1235»

Comments

• ras_kcir
    ras_kcir

I wish to confirm Bortas's observation.  Updating several pages in my wiki went off without a hitch, and generated the appropriate entry in the stream.   Creating/Editing an item in our campaign log generated the 500 error, and no entry in the stream, (though the actual creation and edits did take place).  I don't know if the requested emails notifying people of the log updates went out (or the wiki update for that matter).  Hope this helps in some small way.  I want a return to the more stable times.

ras

• Bortas
    Bortas

Thanks Ras, and just to follow up, even with the 500 error, the emails are going out.

-bort

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I got no 500 errors (knock on wood) but I am getting the stupidly small editing box on existing pages

• Bortas
    Bortas

Keryth, on those stupidly small boxes, when you see them, are the buttons broken, like mine are?

-bort

• moonbunny
    moonbunny

I can't make a new campaign and I am still getting errors because ---reasons ? I suppose. I want to get ascended membership so I can host all my stuff here but I can barely get into the site to add stuff to the board I have. X_X

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Bortas, I know I'm not Keryth, but yesterday when I was doing some Adventure Log editing, I did get the small text window/broken buttons on the GM only section, but the main editing window was fine. Today when I just checked both sections everything is working fine, although the image embed button takes a few seconds longer to show the image embed screen than the other three buttons.

In my opinion that's great progress so far!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Small editing window(s), Broken buttons. crying

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Hi guys, the issues must be fixed at this point, we posted details on daily update forum:

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/4951/update-3-march-11th-2018

• Tiaslin
    Tiaslin

So, it's time to give my 2 cents again, as i feel kinda obilgated to, because...

I was surely fast with expressing my concerns and displease when things went south a couple if weeks ago. So now it's time to say that I am very happy with seeing things getting into the right direction :)

I highly appreciate the update boards, it shows that someone is actually taking care of our issues with OP, which was most important to me. Also, I can see that at least most imminent issues have been taken care of, and while there is still stuff out in the wild thats not working properly: At least the core functionality is back up and working reliably for me during these days.

That actually brings back my optimism for OP. I love the idea and the product, and I wish for nothing more than it working out well and to keep my home here that me and players learned to adore.

So, TL;DR: Thanks for the heads up and the care. Keep up the good work, as long as I don't feel left alone I'll stick around through the rough times as well^^

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I will also chime in and say that my issues with SEARCH, PREVIEW and EDIT functions are now sorted.  I had twice previously reported to say functions were restored, only to find they were broken within the hour.  So, this time I waited a bit and can report that things are seeming to be operative for three days in a row.  Thanks for fixing it.  And thanks for all the recent communication.  It restores a lot of faith in the site and I'm sure my fellow OP Users are all much appreciative of the positive change. 

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Omegabase
    Omegabase

I can also confirm things seem much more stable now...no backsliding so far!  Thanks to OP support for the hard work on fixing these issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcanearth

Gammaworld 2754

• drednik
    drednik

Sight seems to running smooth!  Thank you team