New Traveller DST awaiting approval

hades200082
hades200082

Slug is "mongoosetraveller2008e"

See video at 

All of the extra sections I mentioned I would be adding in the video have been added. Just waiting on approval.

Comments

• hades200082
    hades200082

Update

received an email from OP_Support today telling me that I can "approve" my sheet on the view page of the DST ... which obviously I can't since they have to approve it.

Reply sent and will now wait another week for any action since they only seem to reply to emails on Friday afternoons.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

You just submitted your DST through the normal process, using the form on the DST page, correct? Reason I ask is that I've recently submitted one and I haven't heard anything either.

About a year ago, chainsaw told me to pm him directly when wanting DST approval, which I've already done, but he hasn't responded, so I'm not sure he's active anymore. Just wanted you to know you're not the only one waiting for DST approval.

I've actually worked on a character sheet on my personal website in case I get to the playing stage on my game before they approve the DST.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Kallak
    Kallak

It might not be listed anywhere, but yeah, message ChainsawXIV rather than support for DST approval. If he's not responding (which I have found he can sometimes be quite busy and take a bit to respond), that's certainly a problematic issue.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • hades200082
    hades200082

Thanks guys.

I did submit using the form on the site which seems like the right way to do it since all of the docs say to email OP_Support.  I've also emailed them directly and the response I got was first that I could approve it myself on the DST page ... which obviously I can't... then when I replied that I couldn't do that they wanted screenshots, then 3 minutes later closed the case.

They advertise a 6 month premium reward for approved DST's as well... is ChainsawXIV able to apply that to my account if he does approve the DST?

I was planning on buying the premium subscription to this service and using a bunch of cheap tablets for my players to view their character sheets and the rest of the campaign etc.... but since the other DST's for my game system don't actually work and I can't get mine approved I can't see any value in paying for it.

Such a shame as the site is really nice and has some cool features... a real shame that the company running it doesn't seem to care any more and have left it to rot.

• hades200082
    hades200082

Just checked on Chainsaw's profile.  his last comment on the forums was September 2016 .. :(

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Yeah, I'm not sure how the DST approval process is being handled anymore. I've got a couple that are sitting out there waiting for approval. It would be nice to have them so my players can have their characters online so that if one doesn't show, the one of the other players could run that character for the session!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• cgregory
    cgregory

I've always had fairly good communication with OPsupport, so i've sent in a ticket on behalf of everyone's outstanding DSTs and made the suggestion that they give the inner council the rights to approve DST's. I figure giving the rights to a group rather than a single user is a best solution. I did offer that if the members of the inner council were not comfortable with the technical level required with testing and approving the DST's. That i would be willing to do so, but that i thought a group rather than an individual was the best course for continued support.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• cgregory
    cgregory

Got a response back and they are looking into it and will give an update by the end of the week.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV

For what it's worth, I don't get notification when people submit stuff, or when they direct message me on the forums (which I don't get to check as much as I once did). I do get notifications if you direct message me on OP itself however, so that's the best way to reach me.

Hades, I sent you a PM about a layout issue I'm seeing with your sheet.

Johnprime, drop me a PM (again, on the main site) with which sheets need approval.

• Kallak
    Kallak

@ChainsawXIV, I took a look and there is a setting that you can edit to get email notifications for forum-based private messaging. Under the edit profile area, there's a "notification preferences" link on the right hand side where you can edit the settings via checkboxes.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

Thanks for the reply ChainsawXIV, I'll send you a list once I double check them to make sure I've got them where they need to be.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• hades200082
    hades200082

@ChainsawXIV Thanks.  I've corrected the issue and replied to you both in forum message and OP message (just to be sure it gets to you).

@Kallak - Might be an idea to update the DST docs to remove the reference to a reward that is no longer given (it's kinda false advertising now) and to ensure that the docs reflect the new approval process.

@OP_Support You might also want to get the system setup to notify the relevant people when a new DST is submitted for approval.

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV

@Kallak yeah, that's been checked since the switch to the new forum software, but I never actually get emails from it.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Just a note- no one gets any notifications at all from the forums, so please use the messaging directly to the user instead.

Just trying to help out.