YouTube Broken Again

Keryth987
Keryth987

And...here...we...go

Youtube links busted again

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I found that the quickest way to get a response was to call Kaleidoscope on the phone, actually. That's how I got them to reboot the servers 'n stuff when the site went down.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• JaydeMoon
    JaydeMoon

Oh, so it's not just me...

• Robling
    Robling

Soooo.... any news on this yet?

• cgregory
    cgregory

Did anyone check if it is broken in both textile and CkEditor? They moght have tried fixing it in one only to break it in the other. I'm in a place with very little internet so it is hard to test out.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• jasonvey
    jasonvey

Same issue here. No embedded videos showing up on any of my campaigns. Sigh. Gotta love when you pay for a service and one of the core features just keeps on going down. 

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Ptolus - What number did you use to contact them?

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I just used the number listed on their website. They're apparently in Florida, so you'll probably have to wait until regular East Coast business hours...

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• DonjonMaster
    DonjonMaster

Here's the reply I got shortly after opening a customer support ticket...

Dear Marc,

Thank you for your message.

We are aware of issues with the YouTube code and I have notified our developers about it.

I am hoping to resolve this issue soon.

Best wishes,

Customer Support Team

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, something more than the cold computer generated response

• Robling
    Robling

Pondering the term "...soon..." in programmer speech.

• JaydeMoon
    JaydeMoon

Well, that's not reassuring.

• cgregory
    cgregory

The benefit of having my landing page be an animated solar system based completely on CSS is I no longer worry quite as much when youtube linking breaks. Granted, in this case I had just worked out a way of incorporating a youtube video into my landing page a day before it broke.

They are among us!

• Eingya
    Eingya

Any news on this?

It's a bit frustrating that the embed seem to work in the forums and not in the pages .-.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Nothing from support in forums since 1/20/17.... seems we are back to the same old issues again.

Just trying to help out.

• Robling
    Robling

...and it seems to be expanding to linked pictures now.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Same here, all linked pictures are just broken links at the moment. Opened a Support ticket just a little while ago, will wait a couple of hours before trying the phone.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

The phone number probably won't garner you any results. It now goes straight to voicemail, and the damn inbox is full. I just opened a support ticket on Kaleidoscope's site and requested help directly through the parent company. Let's see if it helps.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Boo...   :(

I hope that you get an answer if I don't.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

I wonder if this may have something to do with it:

Portions of Amazon Web Services, the nation's largest cloud computing company, went offline Tuesday afternoon, affected multiple companies across the United States but especially on the east coast. The outage appeared to have begun around 12:45 pm ET. It was centered in AWS' S3 storage system on the east coast. Many of the services that firms use AWS are for back-end processes, and therefore not immediately visible to consumers, though the outage could disrupt customer-facing activities like logins and payments.

• Eingya
    Eingya

Images seem to be up again. Videos still down :\

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Amazon reporting the S3 is working again, sorta, :) so maybe it was related.

• Robling
    Robling

Probably.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Obsidian Portal uses Amazon Cloudfront. So yes it was affected by the AWS S3 going down.

If you are interested in what Obsidian Portal is built with you can see that on the Built With website

You can insert your own campaigns url instead of mine, but you'll likely see mostly the same profile.

They are among us!

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Hi,

That's correct, it was a temporary issue with Amazon. Everything is back to normal now.

Regarding the Youtube issue, I'm afraid the only thing to do at this time is to wait for our dev to find a solution to this.

I have already forwarded the issue multiple times and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Alan

• Pils
    Pils

Youtube links works now, thanks!

-Pils

Dark Sun ● La Décade des Héros : Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery! (CotM - Dec 2012)

Les Royaumes Oubliés : A D&D 5e old school style Forgotten Realms campaign!

(And I'm so soooorry for my poor english...)

• cgregory
    cgregory

Embedded pdf's are also fixed.

They are among us!

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Keeping me fingers crossed this is a long term fix and not the previous up for 2-3 and down again of the past

• JasonGroah
    JasonGroah

I was all excited when I found out last night I could put youtube and soundcloud into my pages.  Then today they are not working. :(

• Robling
    Robling

Sighs all around...