What happened to OP Support?

Socrates
Socrates
edited November 2016 in General Discussion

As explained in this post, I had some trouble with links. I submitted a ticket, received the "we have received your message" email, then waited for 15 days with no response. I then replied to the confirmation email, asking what was going on. I received another confirmation email ("We will get in touch with you shortly"). I waited a few more days with no response. Then I posted the above question, and, following Kallak's advice, messaged OP Support on these forums. That was eight days ago, and since then I have received no response.

What's going on?

Post edited by Socrates on

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

This sounds pretty distressing. I really hope nothing is wrong on the back end, things were just moving in the right direction . 

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

As an Inner Council members, how often do you folks interact with OP?

• Kallak
    Kallak

I would say it varies per-council member, based on how much that person has "going on" at the time. Prior to this latest period of silence, I would estimate that I averaged between three and five "interactions" per month with OP, with an "interaction" being an email chain that was sent back and forth a few times (over a few days or a week) or a Skype call that lasted around an hour.

Other council members might have had more or less, again depending on how involved their various projects were/are and the turnaround time on changes, fixes, or testing with respects to OPSupport and the techs on the back end.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Skid, I've had very little involvement.  Couple of phone calls around badges but that was moved down in priority until a later time.  Since then, only once re CotM, and that was quite a while ago.   I haven't tried to make direct contact for some time.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I was hoping that ya'll had been hearing from them.  Thanks for the update.

• Socrates
    Socrates

Is there anything we can do to find out if anything is wrong? At this point I am beginning to consider finding an alternative method to keep track of my campaigns. OP is a great system, and I haven't been able to find a better one, but the knowledge that there may not be any support for problems I have is too worrying to ignore.

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'd say maybe give Kaleidoscope's contact page a shot.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

Yeah, my concerns are returning.  I mean, the site is working...but no confidence in the future makes me worry about stability.

• weasel0
    weasel0

well, if we make enough noise @OPSupport is sure to show up to ban some more long time members with valid complaints.

• Kallak
    Kallak

While I more than understand the frustration that these silent periods bring, antagonizing the people we are wanting to bring closer and keep active and committed simply doesn't work.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Socrates
    Socrates

I have now contacted Kaleidoscope directly. I will hopefully receive a message from them in the near future.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Keep us posted,

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Trust me, don't antagonize them.... but the silence is deafening.

Just trying to help out.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of response lately!

There were some changes in the structure of our company.

I am currently in the process of taking over the tasks of the previous person that was providing support for obsidianportal.

Please bear with me until I go through all the tickets and messages. It will certainly take me some time to get familiarized with everything, but rest assured that your issues will be addressed.

I will make sure I forward all the outstanding issues to our devs where needed.

Best wishes,

New OPSupport :)

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Thank you for giving us info NewOPSupport, communication helps.

If you are unaware, you are in the position of being about the 3rd (or 4th?) new person who will need to get up to speed and assures us things will be fine.

I personally always give people the benefit of doubt, and welcome you.  There will be some reservations and trust issues you will likely run into...once burned and all that.

So game on!  I love this place and will be here until they turn out the lights on the site, or my lights get turned out.  

See yah around.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Good to see the OPSupport back in action.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • OPSupport
    OPSupport

Thanks for the warning SkidAce! I'm sure the trust issues will fade out soon enough as I intend to stick around!

• Socrates
    Socrates

This is very pleasing indeed. The thought of looking for an alternative to this wonderful site was really concerning me. Glad to see Support back!

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Actually SkidAce, at least 6 have held that position previously....

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Just posting here so that the spambot is not the only thing on the first page.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Gosh, I see what you mean, Skid.  I sure hope someone at OPSupport sees that soon and fires up into action.  smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Socrates
    Socrates

Not having much success with my ticket. Support seems fairly unresponsive. I assume it's just because of the backlog though.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Would be nice if they spoke up and gave an update at least publicly.

Just trying to help out.

• Socrates
    Socrates

Still no response since the first one asking for a screenshot. Christmas holiday?

Post edited by Socrates on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

OPSupport hasn't logged on since Nov 30th

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Socrates
    Socrates

Well... I wonder what's going on...

• weasel0
    weasel0

Same crap that got a bunch of us banned in April. Ignoring us, don't care, we complain, they ban hammer.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Careful Weasel0, banned sucks.

Just trying to help out.