Dark Theme

Maesenko
Maesenko
edited July 2016 in Feature Requests

Now that the new forums are in place, the first thing that came to mind was a dark theme.  I am not generally one for bright, sterile, white, and I find that it is generally harsher on the eyes.  A cool, accented dark theme would be a nice option to have in place.  It can even be set to a toggle for those who want to choose between light and dark.

Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

And as technology moves to newer displays, darker themes will result in better battery/power economics.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Actually, I disagree with Mae on this.  I find dark (particularly black) backgrounds difficult on the eye.  However, I do agree that white is not the best either.  smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• cgregory
    cgregory

Personally, i like both light and dark themes, it is usually the execution of those themes that drives my choice.

When i dont like any theme provided by a website, i just override their css. In many browsers you can override the css for specific websites you visit. You could whip up a custom css for the forums, if custom themes isn't on their to do list for awhile. 

Or if the forum software only allows for one theme, we could have a combined oscillating white and dark theme. Just blink in synch with the desired theme's oscillations and all is good!  laugh 

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016