Bogus charges when changing membership

Krothos
Krothos
edited November 2015 in General Archive
On Monday (Nov 9), I decided to change my membership from yearly to monthly. I was paid through March 2016. I was shocked to see that my credit card was immediately charged the monthly service fee. When I tried changing it back to yearly, another charge for the yearly service fee.

Submitted a touble ticket on OP's help forum, and Alex responded within an hour indicating he would look into this.

It is now Thursday (Nov 12) and no new information has been provided as to why these additional charges, even after a couple of nudges on the help ticket.

Do I call my bank to have these charges disputed?

There is also an issue where I received an email from "AisleTen, LLC" indicate they have charged my credit card. Who is "AisleTen, LLC"? There is no mention or reference to who this company is and its relationship to OP. Alex ignored that question on my help ticket.

I've reached my limit with this website, it's lack of support, and empty promises, as many others have.

Comments

• kettle
    kettle
    This sucks! Come on guys. Stop ripping people off and get this issue fixed for Krothos.

This is ridiculous!

Kettle
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    "The horror....the horror...." (Kurtz)
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    I can at least somewhat answer the "AisleTen" part.

AisleTen was one of Micah's old "Companies" that OP was a part of to make it official. If you look at the bottom of your campaign's internal pages (e.g. Dashboard) you can still see it for the ownership. I guess when Kaleidoscope took over, they never switched that out (among other things...)

I'm rather surprised they didn't switch the banking side of things, though, unless they also formally acquired AisleTen as a part of OP. I wonder who's getting paid?

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Krothos
    Krothos
    Thank you, Maesenko, for the information regarding AisleTen. I appreciate Kettle's and Twiggyleaf's comments. lol

Guess if I don't hear back from someone at OP or Kaleidoscopre or whoever is responsible before tomorrow afternoon, I'll be contacting my bank to have the charges reversed. I really don't like having to do that but I have to protect myself if the company isn't going to take care of its customers.

:( *sad panda* :(
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    This is the latest in a series of events that has convinced me to go monthly until I can either find a new home for my campaign or create my own. My membership ends in November, despite promises made to give ascendant credits for the email issues.
    As bad as things were at the end of Micah's tenure, they always responded within 48 hours on payment issues. This is rediculous.
    Mae is correct, btw.

Just trying to help out.

• Krothos
    Krothos
    Again, thank you all for your support. :) No response from OP's customer service. I have filed the dispute with my bank to have the unauthorized charges reversed.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Good luck Krothos- sorry- believe it or not, this used to be the best site around- won 2 straight Ennies, worked with very few errors, and had a great community.

Just trying to help out.

• Krothos
    Krothos
    Well... I've taken this issue out to pasture... and shot it... a lot!

Still haven't heard from anyone at Obsidian Portal. My bank already issued a refund to my credit card. My membership is still screwed up, expiring now on Dec 9 instead of the correct date of March 2016. So, I have cancelled my membership and will no longer be supporting their business.

I'm sure Obsidian Portal doesn't care at this point, but it makes me feel better posting this. HA! :-)
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    I'm glad you at least got (some of?) your money back from the bank. Sorry to hear about your frustrating situation.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Sad that it has come to this.

Just trying to help out.