[Notice] Email Fix Live

Comments

• Jahad
    Jahad
    :(

Invited to my gmail and hotmail account, which most of my team use ... no email

Anyone else have success to these hosts? Yes, checked junk/spam
  • Unknown
    Yep, sure did during testing. Can you PM or Whisper me your campaign page so I can take a further look here and see what the hold up might be?
  • RedDragon
    RedDragon
    Forum and Wiki emails are working almost instantaneously to Gmail accounts. Woohoo!!
  • Unknown
    @twigs - Hey man, are you available for some direct testing so we can try and isolate why you are still having issues with the emails?
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Yes, I am. Will PM you.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Hmm... Just tried to invite myself to my campaign using a different email address than my main one and it didn't show up.
  • Jahad
    Jahad
    Hi Bluesguy,

Any chance either is Gmail or Hotmail (or live / outlook)?
  • bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Yes it is gmail
  • Jahad
    Jahad
    I assume Junk was checked. Otherwise, I am seeing the same issues to fellow gmail accounts .. finally they got it working to my personal one. The question is the code working, just the provider sending out through - is that the issue. Time will tell
  • Unknown
    Ok, so it is starting to sound like the Campaign Invite emails may be intermittently working based on these reports. From what I gather as well it does not appear to be isolated to any particular mail provider as it seems folks have reported this across Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, and Gmail. I am compiling a report for tech right now so we can look into these instances, so we will get it sorted out but it may take a moment since this now seems intermittent which is infinitely more difficult to track down but it is doable. I have a few more reports to look over pertaining to other notifications that seem to be having some intermittent success as well, though the others seem to be much more isolated than what is being reported with Invites.
  • Telahnus
    Telahnus
    I would also like to report that campaign invites still aren't working: neither gmail, nor to accounts.

Oddly, 1 of the 4 ppl with accounts DID join after seeing a notification on their OP account profile, but had not received an email. But only 1 of 4, the others have not received anything by email or on OP.
  • Unknown
    Drop me a link for your campaign in PM or here and I will add it to the list of items for the tech team to look at that are still lingering.
  • Telahnus
    Telahnus
    legrica-40k.obsidianportal.com
    Oookay. Some things seemed to have changed between this morning and now. I resent an invite to myself (at a dif email) an hour ago that worked immediately. I then resent invites to everyone on the list and one other has finally joined. Waiting on other players to check their notifications/emails.
    Gotta say tho, despite the recurring issues, you guys are handling it wonderfully. Constant updates, open communication and butt-loads of patience. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do!
  • Unknown
    Thanks much, dropping your campaign on the list for tech to check out directly.
  • Raiser
    Raiser
    Habe einen Spieler in die Kampagne "Bloodrain" eingeladen. Trotz mehrerer Versuche und Erinnerungen hat er keine Einladung bekommen (web.de).

Habe ausserdem zwei reaktivierte Spieler die Ihr Passwort nicht mehr kennen und keine Email auf die Neuanfrage Ihres Passwortes bekommen.
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    Translation? :)
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    Google suggests:

Have invited in the campaign "Blood Rain" a player. Despite several attempts and memories he has no invitation get (web.de).

Had also reactivated two players no longer know your password and receive an email on the ReAsk your password.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi Raiser.
    Thanks for the report. If I misquoted you, I apologize.

Krothos, If I'm reading this correctly (and google translate is working), Raiser tried to invite a player into his Bloodrain campaign. He did not receive the invite (despite multiple attempts) and the email address was at web.de
    In addition, when his players tried to recover his lost passwords, he never got the password recovery email.

So far as I know, Raiser is the first one to report the password recovery mechanism not sending a proper email.

--
    Ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":http://swtwc.obsidianportal.com : Where the Prince's Voice embarks on trying to negotiate a war.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Raiser is not the only one, but Alex is aware- they are in the help area.

Just trying to help out.

• Raiser
    Raiser
    Thanks Ketherian for the translation. All correct.
    The problem with trying to recover the lost password happend to two persons. The first one was doing something wrong i suspected, but after the second person told me the same and I stumbled about this thread I link it to the email-problem.

If it helps I can wisper you the player names and emailadresses.
  • Unknown
    If you could toss in the link to your campaign page with that it would be most appreciated. The more details we have the easier it is to investigate.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Alex, I hope you'll keep me updated too!

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• spectresnare
    spectresnare
    I'm going to throw my campaign in the hat as well:

https://shadow-paths.obsidianportal.com/

I'm having the same problem as most people here; invite recipients aren't receiving an invite regardless of whether they were addressed to an OP account or just an email address.

You guys seem to be participating actively in this forum, which is encouraging. I just created my campaign 2 days ago and I'm really looking forward to using OP for my game.
  • Raiser
    Raiser
    The Blood Rain Kampagne can be found here:
    https://blood-rain.obsidianportal.com/
    Player is "Vaddar" (no invite mail; no mail regarind passwort reset)

Same Problem here:
    https://snail.obsidianportal.com/
    Player is "Anaid" (no mail regarind passwort reset)
  • andrew_engstrom
    andrew_engstrom
    I would also like to report similar symptoms on my campaign re: emails not being sent, even as recently as today. My group is experiencing it as "no email" being the norm, with one or two emails received in total (one invitation received, and I think I got one notification email about editing a page).

https://west-marches-westmoor.obsidianportal.com/
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Hey folks, sorry I have not been on as much the last little bit here, still getting adjusted to some of my new responsibilities here.

I grabbed the links to your campaigns and passed them to the Tech Team to look at (had Andrew's from a support ticket). I am doing a status report with them later today on what they are finding so I will kick back a report.

I am also behind on updating the blog, I apologize about this as well and will be working up a update this week to roll out for everyone.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • andrew_engstrom
    andrew_engstrom
    Alex, thanks for the reply. Sorry if my report was a bit snippy; I was just frustrated. I'm fine with waiting on a real fix as long as I can see it's actually being worked on. Status reports are much appreciated; keep them coming.
  • Attaxer
    Attaxer
    https://the-horror-of-caladorn.obsidianportal.com/dashboard

Having the same issue. First time user here, so it sucks to not be able to get my players in here... and right after I ascended I find this out >.<
    I hope you guys can fix it.
  • Unknown
    Thanks for reporting Attaxer. We have a fix lined up already, but I am adding you to the list to be safe. We should have the fix rolled out this week for those still having issues based on my report from the tech team.

Andrew, you weren't snippy, just wanted to make sure it was clear I had you.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Is there a commonality in the campaigns that are not working?

Just trying to help out.