Ad&d 2nd edition- does anyone still play it????

2»

Comments

• gaaran
    gaaran
    that sound kind of like a siege I ran in my game a couple weeks ago, I ran it in one-hour rounds of battle, allowing a certain number of actions based on skill rolls and role-playing decisions. My players and I thought it actually went really well, so I'm going to be detailing it in my house rules sections of my page sometime soon.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    yeah.. my uncle just wanted to slaughter us.. your way sounds more fun..
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    LOL, yeah, I've never tried to kill my PCs... in fact, I'm probably too lenient on them. But that's because I weave their backstories into the plot, so if they die, so does a chunk of the plot. not to say there aren't penalties for screwing up and dying, but there's usually a priest around that can raise the dead (actually the party can do that themselves now, but still).
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I've never actively sought that out either though when I was forced into DMing so I sent them on a marry chase for a monster in this labrynth and finally they ended up in front of a giant mirror, when they confronted the entity that sent them there they were simply told the most powerful enemy one can have is themselves.. it took a half an hour and they never pressured me into DMing again :D it was fun..

On a side note, I do smite characters as punishment to characters who don't properly play the game and abuse privalages..
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I have only played what Embirsiphone, her brother, and her uncle (once and never again!!) forced me to play...so yeah lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    That;s because kris(my uncle) is insane.. We forced you to play nothing..
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I know Kris did...and Jon begs

I just can't resist you...and I wanna give gaaran a try...I might scare him though. I mean, just look at my FB pics...
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    lol, wanna give me a try, huh? :P
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Yeppers ^^

...like I said though...I'm a pretty intimidating person to a DM...
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    so I'm dming this proposed game, am I?
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    If you wish it. I won't force you into it lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    if you like :D I have been a PC in years.. Though we could switch on and off.. that might be fun..
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Confuse me, huh?

Oh well...I would end up selling someone to a bordello or something
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Wow, the double entendres in this thread are astounding. See what Joy AD&D2 brings to people?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I know.. there were so many moments when I was like.. that sounds dirty, but I refrained from commenting..
  • aan
    aan
    I'm starting a 2E pbp right now. Please send me a message if interested. Kenurion has made the first PC.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/atharill