Embedding aYoutube Video

gaaran
gaaran
edited May 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi all, I see on the wiki page edit screen where you click to embed youtube (and other) videos. However, when I click on it to embed a video, and enter the URL, it doesn't embed the video, it just makes a link. I also tried just using the embed code from the youtube site, and that didn't work either (worth a shot). If someone could explain how that embed option works I would really appreciate it. Just finished the trailer for my campaign and i want to put it up :).

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    It seems to work about half the time for me. Most of my players said they just get the link. I've seen the video pop up a few times, but not reliably.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Vimeo worked so I used that instead, but youtube looks better. Hope they address that soon.
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Has this been solved yet?

It's been over six months since gaaran first posted and I'm having the same problem. I see other people using video. There must be something they're doing different than I am. Any clue?

The page I'm working on is:
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/doom-of-the-wildelands
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey, I got it working on mine, but it's been so long that I can't remember exactly what I did. I remember it had something to do with the code around the video. So here's what mine looked like:

repeat">

p(oembed). "video":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZyzGYnUTx8

just make sure that you don't have any code in the lines above and below, I remember it being something dumb like that. Beyond that, I can't remember what it was... but still when i try to link a new video (i tried it with yours) it wouldn't work.
    Post edited by gaaran on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I can confirm that placing a blank line above and below the video code helps. I have to do that on my pages as well.
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Thanks, guys. Unfortunately it is still not working.
    Below is what I tried. FWIW: I'm disheartened that this has been going on for months before me and Obsidian Portal still has not given an official response. I just created an official ticket. Let's see. :-/

p(oembed). "intro":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWYPsgR09M
    Post edited by BeZurKur on
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Okay, I received an official reply right away after submitting the ticket. In my case -- don't know about the others -- the video was NOT public. That was the problem. If you want to embed video, make sure to keep it public.

I certainly feel better about Obsidian Portal after the speedy reply.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    These guys are on their game, ZurK. I'm glad you got it resolved!