"Ragged Vestiges" Campaign Now Recruiting

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Ahh that's lame :( I love druids though, they're one of my favorite Classes ^_^
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    That and Bard, right? My favorite is Sorceror, but I'm rubbish at playing casters.
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    actually I love druids and monks :D though bards are up there ^_^
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I've never played a monk. I can see it being fun, though. I'm currently looking through classes, seeing if I can't uncover an alternative class to play, just in case Aurek bites it :( I've never played a Barbarian before.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    barbarians are actually pretty hard to kill in my experience they tend to last much longer than other classes, given that they tend toward higher hit die and strength scores...

I've never played one either.. I should give it a try once just to see what would happen :^_^
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    At a guess, mayhem would happen :) But Yeah... Aurek won't be the easiest person to kill, but I think that Tyson is a much deadlier opponent. Much more disciplined.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    mmm True and Garaan always makes some pretty epic characters :D

I'm just hoping I'm useful... I've never played a bard where I used them to their full potential.. I mostly used them as rogues, but also infiltrators because they can use charm person and stuff like that and I'm planning on playing it differently this time :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Excellent! I've only ever seen one character realize their full potential, and it marked me forever. I'd love to see the evolution of everyone in this group, actually. They're all unique individuals with some great ideas.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Mmm I'm hoping for personal growth because Lark will start off being sort of petty most of the time... She isn't exactly the most loveable person but she can be compassionate and helpful to people she considers less fortunate that her since she got that chance as a child
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    well good morning everyone! lets see... yes, i'm addicted to house (but that's not what kept me up) and yes I stay up WAY to late (but i only sleep for 8-9 hours, not bad for an unemployed schmuck) and yes, there was a huge tattoo of a tiger on my guy's chest, so i took it out, and put in the other one. CS5 has awesome photo-editing tools that make it really easy :)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    lol morning Garaan :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    So we've got a Petty bard (Not a Tom Petty bard, I hope), a Worldly Monk, an Embittered Rogue, a Compassionate Cleric, and an Inquisitive Barbarian. We've got our work cut out for us.

Good morning Gaaran! CS5 eh? What tools? I'm jealous. I've got pixlr.com and that's pretty much it, most of the time.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    They have free software you can download for pixelling and stuff Rase Paint.net and Gimp... I use them for digital artwork.. it's pretty awesome :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I've worked with Paint.net before, but Gimp confused the heck out of me. Pixlr.com is actually pretty powerful. It's where I've done most of the graphic work for my wikis, and this one as well!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    CS5 has a content-aware function, the can be used as a brush, or an eraser, or what have you, that smartly tries to fill in an area with what it thinks should be there, and it's pretty amazing. It's not perfect though, it didn't know those were abs I was editing, so once I had one side of them done, I copied and flipped that side. So my editing wasn't great art skills, just good photoshop-fu :).
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    It's the knowledge behind the use of the tools that counts. A hammer does not a good screwdriver make. Good luck using it as one :)

That's pretty impressive.

Finished my XP bar, btw, Gaaran. I just need a better container for it :(
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Nice Rase, you could try using a width percentage to increase it as you gain xp to make it not appear to be 50% full all the time (unless that's just chrome screwing it up :P)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    It's got a width percentage, it's just set at 50%, because that's the last value I was testing at. I'm not happy with the frame, but I don't have anything better :(
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    find a picture of a vial or something that'd be neat... or something that relates to your character and can be filled somehow... if you can make them work...

I think it's neat all by itself though
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1230/5169738707_2c7bbbab77_o.jpg
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/5169738677_6761329b6f_o.jpg

There's a couple quick little things I threw together if you like them, if not, that's totally fine :)
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Oh, also, to show you the edit I made, here's my edit: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1399/5170340278_41b06f4a87_o.jpg
    and here's the original: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1383/5170353090_e127f9eee5_o.jpg
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    rase there's a link thing above your XP bar
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Gaaran: That's phenomenal! Also, I do like the first one you threw together. I fear that the second might be too bulky. a quick PNG conversion later, and "voila!":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ragged-vestiges/characters/aurek-stronghawk

The link was there because I do all my fiddling while trying to keep my links handy. This has given me some rather nifty ideas....
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    aahhh k ^_^
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    the bulky one could be put off to the side on the bottom, not unlike my equipment idea that i stole from you :)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Too true! I'm actually being slightly ridiculous and trying to combine the two, just for the heck of it. Combining My Bardiche with the XP bar idea... but I can't get the Bardiche to be outlined *AND* have a transparent body.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    BTW, I love what you did with the equipment idea. That just makes me want to build a virtual "Backpack" for all my consumables, but that may be pushing a good idea too far :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    that would be really, really neat!!!
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    I don't think I can take a nap anymore, I go lay down, come back after and theres 34 replies!

Anyways, Syana is compassionate. I don't see her and Lark getting along though because shes nice and giving towards everyone (within reason) and if Lark hates pity, she might see it that way and hate Syana. Atleast at first maybe.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hahaha... I think there's going to be bits of personality that everyone is going to have trouble getting over, and I think that's going to generate an awesome bonding/RP experience. (I wish I could take a nap..)