"Ragged Vestiges" Campaign Now Recruiting

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I think what Rase is trying to say is using that feat with a rapier would completely change what it was meant to do which was take a slashing weapon and make it piercing, thus changing the basic formula of the weapon during an attack... Though I can see where you're coming from being as a rapier is a piercing weapon... but honestly the only person who can give you permission to do any of the things you want to do is Ironhead... we could all talk and talk forever but ultimately it is his choice as it is his game we'll be playing...

And Rase i promise to be as careful and helpful in the whole you not getting eaten thing.. :D

And is it alright if I just use my basic dice set or is there something we'll be using so everyone can see rolls online?
  • Nir
    Nir
    Well said Embirsiphone.

IH (only): bottom line. Can I use the Dervish Dance with a rapier instead of the scimitar?
    As far as game balance it does not make an iota of a difference as both weapons deal the same damage and have the same critical threat range. The only difference is that one is a slashing weapon and the other is a piercing weapon.

In MT all rolls are visible to all players. If you saw my macro's you'd want to use them as they do all the rolls for you (with your bonuses already included).
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Thanks Embir! You have made my day better with that. I'm trying not to be grumpy right now, but it's a bit difficult.

I do enjoy not being devoured by ogres. It makes my day brighter.
  • Nir
    Nir
    Did we agree upon how to speak online? I understand not everyone has a mic; but do you have sound at least so that those who don't wish to type won't have to?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    who doesn't have a mic?

edit : And you're welcome rase:D Glad I could help ^_^
    Post edited by Embirsiphone on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I have a very very poor quality one in storage, but my gaming situation kind of precludes it's use anyway.
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Well folks, due to issues brought to my attention through PM and my own concerns about differences in style of play, I'm going to be scaling things back. I'm looking to tell a story here, with people who want to play roles in it; not referee a session of power-gaming or rules lawyering. Since the ultimate success or failure of this endeavor is going to rest on my shoulders, I'm asking you to step away, Nir - to avoid any further butting of heads. Based on what I've seen so far, it seems inevitable and I'd rather not have it disrupt the group.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    that sort of killed the thread... But i figured I'd try and post again anyways ^_^ I was actually wondering if you have to take a literacy feat in pathfinder?
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    everyone is automatically literate, unless they don't want to be of course.
  • Nir
    Nir
    Decision accepted.

Have a great campaign, and adios,
    Etiyan Ne'va (rides off into the sunset).
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Yeah, my Barbarian is not literate. Are we doing Bonus languages as per the int + bonus? Just curious - I don't know if there are any Northerner languages, anyway. (Also, I am wicked excited for tomorrow.)
  • Ironhead
    Ironhead
    Yes, bonus languages will be used. I'll add the regional tongues to the wiki.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Excellent! Thanks!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    well that's good considering I wrote mine down already from the pathfinder book lol...

I'm excited as well, it should be fairly interesting to say the least, though what I find most exciting is the opportunity to play a new game with new people, I've had a rather 'limited' scope for rping given my gaming groups unwillingness to try anything new or different >.>
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Too True! I've been wanting to stretch my legs for a while (Ever since I read the rulebook for Alpha Omega and started drooling), but my group would never go for it. I'm super excited, because I think we all have very different viewpoints to bring to the table. It certainly promises to be entertaining!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Also, curses, gaaran! You beat me to a snazzy character sheet. Well hah! I have a completely superfluous piece of coding on mine, so nyah!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ^_^

Also Nice job editing out that tattoo Garaan
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think that he may have edited *in* the tattoo. If he edited it out, color me impressed to the nth degree. Still, I haven't seen an edit that clean in a long time. I bow to your prowess!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    If I remember right it had a big tattoo on his chest... though I could be wrong...
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    o_O Maybe it did. I can't remember the original image. Care to weigh in buddy?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    hmmm I wonder if he's still sleeping...
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Potentially. It's bloody Noon, innit? That lazy bugger.

Is there anything that needs to be taken care of prior to our session tomorrow?
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    Yes, the picture had the tattoo on his chest. I remember because I was really interested in it lol.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Ahhhh, gotcha, gotcha! Good recollection. I vaguely remember there being something, but it could be sympathetic memory for all I know.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    He tends to stay up really really late...

and that's good yoshara considering I could remember him saying he was editing out one and addign another... I was hoping I hadn't imagined it...
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I blame House. He's addicted. And I thought I was staying up late going to bed at 11:30. I couldn't help it! Burn Notice came back! (If there is one show on television that absolutely makes me want to play in a modern campaign, that one is it.)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    yeah... I started playing neverwinter and kept talking about it he picked it back up again as well, so that didn't help... but he is addicted to house lol
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Yeah... I never finished Neverwinter. NWN2 neither. Turns out, you can render the game unwinnable if you're really silly like me and think playing a duelist is a cracker-jack idea. I never stood a chance against that dragon...
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    lol... that's ridiculous... I made a druid to start but my alignment switched and I couldn't gain any more levels in it... I'm getting my alignment back to LN though.. it's taking ages
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Druids... ah druids. My Fiancee started a druid, but my laptop cant render NWN2 past the initial house :( I'll have to build her a tower or set her up on mine.