Gender Options

KaydayMayday

Hi! I have a feature suggestion.

Instead of a binary choice between male/female, include an 'other' category where users can type in a preferred term. I'd like to put my non-binary NPCs into my campaign.

Thanks.

Comments

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Hey, @KayDayMayDay -- The "male" and "female" radio buttons are actually for the random name generator and they're intention was for if you want to generate a "masculine" or "feminine" sounding name. (Although, many of the random names end up interchangeable, in my opinion.) The development team was looking into ways to change how those buttons are displayed so that their function is more clear.

As far as I know, there isn't a spot to indicate genders or pronouns, so I would use tags or write it in the biography section, if I needed to show that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Kallak
    Kallak

As mentioned above, tags are indeed the best option attributing characteristics to campaign characters. Doing so lets you have as many options per category as you want, and lets you take advantage of OP's searching and filtering options (character quick search filtering, campaign search bar, tag-click searching).

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• kouject

I see this has been answered, but I'm just going to add my voice to the discussion in favor of an "Other" option!  It would be great to have a name generator with nonbinary/andro options as well, even though I've definitely taken "male" and "female" names for NPCs of the opposite gender.  But it does take a few clicks to really land on something that sounds like it could go either way or neither, so developing a neutral generator would be awesome!