How can things go faster?

NLGPlayerOne
NLGPlayerOne
edited February 20 in Feature Requests

I appreciate new features and such, but I would rather be able to use the ones already available. The speed of the site while editing or even navigating sometimes, is unbelievably slow. It can take a few to 15-20 seconds to save an edit. This makes using the site incredibly frustrating. After just recently upgrading to Ascendant, I am starting to regret the investment and am eyeing other alternatives. 

I notice that a big hangout seems to be "sending request to facebook.com" and then "waiting on obsidian portal". Why is anything getting sent to Facebook, and what exactly is getting sent? 

I love how this system works, but I cannot tolerate how slow things are. Is there some hope that things will improve... soon?

Post edited by NLGPlayerOne on

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

This delay isn't normal, actually. I know they're working to fix some related problems behind the scenes, so this new symptom is very likely tied to that process.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Kallak
    Kallak

There is indeed work being done behind the scenes. It'll be in my weekly update post a bit later tonight, but in a nutshell, there's an overhaul of the site's underlying infrastructure underway, so stay tuned for more details on that.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)