Is anyone else having issues with Email notifications?

sethwlang
sethwlang

They seem to not be working today, we tried with an adventure log and a wiki edit. No one in the game has received an email yet and it has been several hours. I have even checked my spam folders. 

Thanks.

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Yup, I can confirm the very same.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I have set up a ticket:

Ticket ID: 142712

frown

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Oh no.  Thats the very thing I count on.

• sethwlang
    sethwlang

Okay, thanks folks just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I just started my campaign this week so hopefully it gets fixed soon. Thanks for putting in a ticket @twiggyleaf

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I wonder if it will get fixed. :-(

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I rely on it heavily, as I'm sure do most people using the Internal Site Specific Forums so I really DO HOPE the Devs get it together soon.   

frown

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Mine never got fixed- the last time it was addressed was literally over a year ago-

Just trying to help out.

• Talix
    Talix

Yep, me too.

• Talix
    Talix

Where is the ticket system?  Can we pile on “me too” onto the ticket mentioned above?  Alternatively, would having each of us submit an official help request help draw attention / increase the priority of getting this fixed?  Would it help for those of us who are paid users to submit help requests?

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Talix et al

If you go to the KS IT Helpdesk  ( [email protected] ) and quote ticket number 142712 it should get through.  Of course it will just create a new ticket number, and who knows how often it is looked at, but if Gandalf could have hope, then why not us.....?

Inner Council Member

• Abersade
    Abersade

Combined with the maps issue this is basically a deal breaker for me. It's been broken for over a week now with nary a word from anyone who can help. This is becoming extremely frustrating. Mind you, I feel like I've been reasonable here; I generally don't complain, I try to help out when I can, and I understand the position that KS is in.

With that said:

These sorts of ongoing problems with no word from any kind of support staff wouldn't be tolerated for long on a free service, let alone one that many people (myself included) pay for. I love Obsidian Portal and until the last year or so I was recommending it to everyone I knew that ran tabletop games. I've stopped doing that. I stopped updating Rise of the Durnskald as frequently due to the never ending string of not quite site-breaking problems that have been popping up. Each week that something new isn't broken has essentially become a surprise for me, feeling sort of like the world's worst advent calendar.

This makes me sad. I used to really try and improve my CSS code to make my game stand out. I experimented endlessly and broke my own code constantly but in a way it was fun. I don't feel like that anymore, the fun of experimenting dissipated rapidly in the face of the feeling that one day the site will just vanish and everything my players and I have worked on will be lost, along with the ungodly (and frankly near-inconceivable) amount of hours that everyone else in the community has devoted to their sites too. For us GMs/DMs/Storytellers our games are labors of love, for us players our characters are extensions of ourselves. Obsidian Portal provides a fantastic repository for our creations and imaginations and it would truly be a tragedy if these things were lost.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. I hope that KS can eventually devote the needed resources to Obsidian Portal to get the site back on its feet but at this point I can't guarantee that I'm going to stick around to see it recover if basic functionality can't even be reliably maintained.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

This is concerning, I just tried going to www.kaleidoscope.com and kaleidoscope.com to do some research on the company and got a page telling me the domain has recently been listed for sale. Please tell me I'm entering the wrong domain information!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• cgregory
    cgregory

Yes, you want kaleidoscopeglobal.com

The support email there is [email protected]

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Thanks cgregory!

Wow, they're located just across Tampa Bay from where I live!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Bet you a drink they are not, and thats just a legal address.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Could be, but could also be their 'corporate headquarters' with consultants located in other locations. The address on their website is in a 'tech' area. About 25 minutes from where I live depending on the time of day!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• cgregory
    cgregory

I seem to be getting email notifications now.

They are among us!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I got a few older ones but I sent a couple of test notifications on my forum thread and haven't received one yet.  But at least something is coming through.....

Inner Council Member

• cgregory
    cgregory

Yeah, it is going through the queue of emails oldest first. Looks like it is doing about a days worth of emails every 4 hours roughly. I’d guess the queue will be caught up in another 12 hours.

They are among us!

• RedDragon
    RedDragon

I don't think the queue ever caught up.  I haven't gotten any emails in well over a week.  

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I don't think the email notification is working yet.  Please see my entry in the THIS THREAD!

Inner Council Member

• tbug
    tbug

My email notifications are also not yet fixed.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Back in the day when this was fixed after several months(possibly upwards of a year then too), it got stuck due to a send limit maximum. They'd had to alter settings/purchase more sending capability to get through the back log.

• Talix
    Talix

I just received an email immediately after creating a new adventure log post. Maybe this issue has been fixed? If so, yay!

• Ismilealot
    Ismilealot

I've submitted my second bug fix request today, the first was almost a month ago with no acknowledgement of the first complaint. The lack of acknowledgement is far more disturbing to me than the lack of notification. OP has a tiny staff, but they were responsive. I haven't even received an automated reply. 

• CrysmalonDM
    CrysmalonDM

I'm about ready to give up.  I've resorted to texting my gaming group for the game date and nobody is checking the OP site due to the lack of email notifications.  I'll give this another 2 weeks, then assume it's a sinking ship.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I believe this issue has now been fixed.  See further notes HERE.

Inner Council Member

• tbug
    tbug

My email notifications are not yet fixed.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Well, the last time this thread was last posted to,  2 months ago, they were working for a bit.

Post edited by weasel0 on