Huh?! Plus signs underline things now?

2»

Comments

• Sorwen
    FYI just ran into the plus problem. lol. Cursed myself.
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    I have gotten so used to typing the ==+== with the == before and after that I dont even think about it anymore
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I just add a space... easy fix.
    I actually think everything Micah listed are great, and higher priority, but that is just my opinion...
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011

Just trying to help out.

• dr_venture
    dr_venture
    Micah, I very much appreciate your position (22 year of software development - many on projects with a scope such as this). May I humbly suggest you strongly consider fixing problems like this in the existing functionality that are especially irritating before moving to implement new functionality. New functionality is cool for you to implement and for us to use - everyone loves it - but please consider:

1) You're always going to have new features to implement that would make the site even cooler. Until people are really ticked off, the new features are always going to seem more important than those old issues that everyone "has learned to live with".
    2) Since these irritating issues aren't going away, current users - an an increasing number of new users - will continue to be irritated by them... especially a dumb problem that is as core as this is, that affects many people who are using an extremely common symbol in their pages. Obviously Textile lameness isn't your fault, but unfortunately it's effect is now very much your problem.
    3) With every new feature you implement, you increase the likelihood that more irritating problems like this will creep into the program. Do they get perpetually pushed back, too?

Everything you listed in your message is a feature I'd love to have. I love this site and am kicking myself that I didn't think of it myself! Personally, I'd rather wait a few months longer to get new features while you guys tighten up what's already here. There must be some kind of solution to this that doesn't require a drastic change to your architecture.
    Post edited by dr_venture on
  • SSveter
    SSveter
    Speeking of Uploading pdfs for characters. Are you ever going to do that?
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    For what its worth, to fix the plus sign issue, you can always add the following tidbit into your custom CSS:

@ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */
    ins:before { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */
    ins:after { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */@

-bort
    "Morwindl":https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com
  • rahissar
    rahissar

Still a problem for me. I, unfortunately, do not know CSS, and posting Morwindl's solution above into the CSS box as-is doesn't help.

I also wanted to GM Black Crusade, which, as a d100 game, is all about +10 and +20 bonuses, so half my NPC sheets would be mucked up. Is there any non-advanced solution for this (currently) 5+ year old problem?

I have made an Ascendant account just recently, but so far I am kind of disappointed by this and by the fact that you cannot edit the NPC sheets in monospace. How am I supposed to format things when they skew to left or right?

Post edited by rahissar on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

@Rahissar, because bortas's post is so old the formatting is slightly off. Back then he needed to add @ to show code. Basically you can use his code but remove the @

ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

ins:before { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

ins:after { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

if you copy the above it should work for you now.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Talk about a necro post revival....

Just trying to help out.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Not that bad. Only a year and a 7 months after the last post. And bravo for finding a thread this old that was relevant to the issue you had at hand.

I award you a slow golf clap for this. :)

• cgregory
    cgregory

To be honest his thread necro was useful to me. I completely forgot about that code.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Bortas
    Bortas

This is the right kinda of necro though - props for trying to find the answer before asking.

And yeah... the swap to the new forum software messed up my old post. Not my bad, I swear ;-)

-bort