Best Way to do Character Portraits

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    *Glomps Dusk* She's so pretty... also we shaded the hair identically did you do that on purpose or no? lol...

What'd you use to color it? She's so shiny looking.. I wish I had something fancy to color with...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Jim, is "this":http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/20185/Recon.jpg close to what you had in mind? It's just a quick sketch, mind you, to see if we are on the same page.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Umami, I use a program Mike Krahulik recommended called Alias Sketchbook Pro.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Hmmm I doubt that's free huh? lol

Also Jim's character looks freaking awesome :D well done
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Hey, Dusk...
    I have a feeling you're about to have a backlog of design work, bud.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Garaan foretold this after his initial offer.. :)

But hey if he's good at what he does then let him do it, it's what my dad said anyway..

Also how exactly are you linking the pictures dusk... I want to be able to when I finish cross which might be in a couple hours.. since my daughter woke up I won't be sleeping any time soon.. >.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    1) upload the pic using the image uploader on your campaign. Copy the URL of the image

2) type a word you want to link to the pic.

3) surround the link word with quotes, then add a colon right after the end-quotes. For example " word ": but with no spaces

4) paste your link directly after the colon.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I would like to, one day, make a little money from my art, but I know I am not that good yet. For now, the practice and exposure are reward enough.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Color me impressed so far Dusk. And no rush :)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ... you could technically.. you're totally good enough to get commisions over at DeviantART... loads of people pay 15 bucks for quick pencil sketches of their characters that they can refine.. you just need a paypal account and you can probably swing it :D plus you can use the stuff you draw for us as examples.. cause you know it rocks

Edit:: Also thanks :D the more you know and all that
    Post edited by Embirsiphone on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ooo! I thought earlier it might be fun to have a trivia contest once in awhile but I couldn't think of a prize but if Dusk agrees the winner could get something drawn by him or silence.. I think that'd be an awesome prize to win :D.. just a suggestion though ^_^
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Well, if you've got a list going, I'd love to see what you come up with for Sunbow of the Leopard Basin...he's a Leopard Shaman (druid subclass) from a jungle environment, sort of a religious leader of the old gods (totems, omens, etc) trying to fend off the new religions coming in and deluding his people (and I must say, not having much success). Dark hair, Dark skin, Dark eyes, and a happy leopard friend named "Rain". Oh, wields a retuning spear, and wears hide armor (which you may or may not be able to see under robes, etc.)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Umami, I'm fine with that.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Also, I agree whole-heartedly with the idea of you setting up some kind of paypal type system, so people could pay you...at least something for your effort.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Oh cool :D also if we had a weekly recording night would you be able to drop by every night we did it? or would your schedule interfere to much guys?

and I'm really not trying to highjack the thread >.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I can't see any reason why not.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    K it's just you know most people have lives, unlike me.. lol so I wanted to double check..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Are you saying I don't?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    No that's why I ask, :P
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Don't make me turn this car around. Wait, I'm not driving.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    But, but are we there yet?
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I don't know...where are we trying to get to? And who's driving this thing, anyway?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    not me, I can't drive...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Umami, of course I don't have a life! It says so right "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/Duskreign in this informative brochure!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    well you have a job and wife... that usually constitutes a life of some sort.. I stay at home and take care of my daughter.. So I don't have much of one besides guin which is cool with me cause i love her to death but getting out once in awhile would be nice ^_^

Also all that gaming stuff just makes you cool to me.. :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Well, she is my life, and she owns my life, so I don't have a life, she has two.

My brain just exploded. BRB

OK, that's better. That happens SO often.

Wish we lived a bit closer. We'd chill with you.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Yeah I need friends.. I have friends but having more would be nice :P

I still don't get why it's so shocking that you're all pretty cool in my book :P
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    JimTriche, "I went ahead and worked on this anyway.":http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/20192/Recon.jpg
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Dusk can I just color anything you draw ever? he's so cool looking O.O
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Realized I thicked a sketchline on his left shoulder instead of his actual shoulder line, which somehow got erased. I fixed and re-upped the pic, though.

Umami, you can certainly color anything I draw.