Best Way to do Character Portraits

Comments

• gaaran
    gaaran
    That's pretty fantastic dusk... I might have a request or two for you, if you can pump them out that quick :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I have like 3 more requests and then I'll go away.. for a few days.. but for now I have to color cross..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Frank: Yes.

Rase: :P

Umami: You're welcome.

Gaaran: Just let me know what you want.

Umami: I would color her, too, if you needed it.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think the problem with flat-chested butt-kickers is that they either tend to look like boys, or it's hard to make them look particularly feminine. (I'm just guessing here.)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Not necessarily, Rase. I'm a boob man. I don't apologize for it.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hear hear!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'm not saying you should. :) Actually, now I'm remembering a bunch of examples where my statement makes me a hypocrite. Or an idiot. One or the other.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Neither, Rasey ol' buddy. Just simple, is all.

:P

Actually, I _do_ apologize for it. Sorry to any of the ladies if my undeniable fixation with bressases makes me seem somehow flawed, weak, or chauvinist.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'm a Simp? Noooo!

I've never been called Rasey before. It looks wierd... I'm tempted to ask for a sketch, but I'm not a big fan of asking other people for things without offering something in return. At best, right now, I've got coding and Shenanigans, neither of which is in short supply on this site :P
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I don't mind, man. If I find a few hours to set aside, I never really mind.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    All the same, I'd like to find something I can trade, either now or in the future, because I hate putting people out of their way, whether they're actually put out or not. (Yes, I'm weird, I realize this. Although it has it's benefits.) How do you do your art, by the way? Tablet? Or the Old Fashioned Way (tm)?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Nah I'm coloring her now.. though you can still do it if you like.. but I love coloring line-art I do it all the tme on Deviant art...

Boobs are awesome pillows of fun:D
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hear Hear.... again!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Heading out for a bit. Figure out what you want and let me know. Rase, I use a tablet.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I've always wanted to toy with a tablet - if I ever pick up drawing, I think that might be the way I'd go.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I want a tablet.. just so I can practice drawing without wasting a bunch of paper >.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    But...that's what erasers are for! ;)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    lol erasers dislike me..
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    You know I don't think I've ever put this much effort into coloring line art.. and I'm glad i am it looks great so far :D even if my eyes are starting to cross :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol cross
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    haha I noticed that after I posted :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    well, I can't wait to see her colored.

The offer is still open. Anyone needs a character drawn, let me know.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I've got three more for you honestly.. I'm just waiting till I have Cross colored.. I finished her skin, hair and scales for now but I need a break..

By the way can you draw dreadlocks?
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    "My old SR character Recon":http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/intothebreach_album/recon.jpg

I'd like to see a take on him. His look was actually based off of the robot in Snarfquest, but nobody remembers that anymore.

In any case, he has the white helmet, wears jeans, has a leather jacket (brown suede style) with a fur collar, and he carries 2 micro Uzi's and rides a Gaz-Niki White Eagle motorcycle.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I can draw anything, Umami. I just might take longer with certain things, and complicated hair is one of them. But yes, I can and will do dreads.

Jimbo! I would be freaking honored! Recon a big guy? I know he's be-helmeted, but tell me about his personality anyway. I like to work a bit of that into a pic.

Umami, btw, I just started coloring Cross myself as well.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Sweet one of my girls has dreds.. and I can never pixel them right.. >.< And forwarning if I get cranky with anyone you can blame my crappy ex-boyfriend...

I'm going to be going back to coloring her shortly.. once my eyes stop feeling so strained
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey Dusk! So I was thinking of what character I'd like to request for you to draw, and i THINK i've got one. Well, two actually, they were known as the Scarlet Rogues. This "song":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/melekar/wikis/the-scarlet-rogues written by one of the players of the scarlet rogues give you an idea of their personalities. Setzer "Spades" Grimalkin was a flashy bard's bard, and Keough of Kalten was a backstage, no nonsense kind of guy. Spades always wore a flamboyant hat of some kind. For class, spades was a bard, and keough was a daggerspell mage, so a rogue/sorcerer. Need anything else, let me know!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    That song is sort of epic.. wow way to go for them :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    "Color'd":http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/20184/Cross.jpg
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Gaaran, I'll take the case! I'm gonna work on Jim's Recon first, tho, if that's cool.