Whaddup with the OPCast!

Duskreign
Duskreign
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Or Obsidian Podcast, or whatever the name will eventually be. Are we still doing this? If so, how can I help?

D. Uskreign

Comments

• autumnschild
    autumnschild
    That's a great question. Are you? I mean, why the hell are we paying you people?!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    We're getting PAID?! And sorry, at least for me I've just been REALLY busy lately, and once things calm down a bit, I'm willing to help out again. :)
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    What do you mean 'We're getting PAID?!" Who have I been mailing all these pies to?
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    OH! You mean we're getting Pied! That's different altogether :P.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    This thread is now about pie

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pecan+pie&FORM=BIFD#
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I'd say something about thread hijacking, but you're the content director so...
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Just as planned.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    My name's Duskreign.

I find Pies.

That's my job.

(Cue seedy 1940's detective movie jazz)

I just came back from a messy case. Boysenberry. Long story short, my shirt is stained so bad, I'd be better off dying it blue than tryin' ta get it bleached white again.

I hung up my hat, because we all wear them these days, and I noticed something. A shadow moving across the thin strip of light under my door... and suddenly, a letter was shoved through.

I ran to the door and threw it open, but like some famous sports figure of my time renowned for his or her speed and/or ability to hide quickly, the messenger was gone. Like, gonesville, because we said things like that back... now...

I looked at the letter, and it had no return address. It also had no send-to address. There was nothing written on the letter. Also, it wasn't a letter. it was a pie.

One whiff told me everything I needed to know. Pumpkin. The Halloween Hoods were back in town. Guess I ain't settling down early tonight after all.

Well... no sense letting this pumpkin pie go to waste.

As I finished my seventh slice, I noticed something that, in my pumpkin induced euphoria, I must have completely overlooked before. Nearly the entire pie tin was a bomb. The kind with sticks of dynamite and an old-timey wind-up alarm clock with the two over-sized bells on top. The clock said 11:30, but the fools set it for AM. I had plenty of time to deal with this.

After finishing the rest of the pie, I searched around the office and found another three pies. These were from earlier this afternoon, but I'm not the kinda palooka what looks Serendipity in the eye. Serendipity's eye's like a gift-horse's mouth. That's what my grandkids will one day say that their granddad always said. After finishing off these three pies, I slipped into something a little more comfortable (because that's something that happens a lot in these kinds of fil... fil... filled-with-noir-adventure times we live in.)

The next morning, I woke up at 11:25, looked at the clock, and thought to myself "Pie." After that, I thought "I'll just hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off, buy myself another few winks (because that's what we called sleep-time-units in olden days of yore). But I forgot that bomb clocks didn't have snooze alarms, and the bomb exploded and I died.

So thanks for nothing, Obsidian Portal! You set me up the bomb pie.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    That's awesome Dusk. .And it's still happening. I mean I want to but I we all need to find a time we can do some sort of massive chat on Skype or something, so we can actually discuss what's going to be happening.. and then we can go from there.. I can do it anytime so all I need is when you, garaan and Jim and whoever else wanted to do this thing.. As awesome as I'd like to think I am I can't quite manage creating and entire podcast by myself :P
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Dusk, you are my own personal hero. I just wanted you to know that.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Nice job Dusk.

After all this talk of pie I have to admit I'm feeling a little self conscious that I made apple crisp last night. Don't judge me too harshly. ;)
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I only judge you, DarkMagus, because you didn't share.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Apple Crisp is just like pre-chewed Apple Pie. Pie-God approves.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I can make Apple crisp or Cobbler.. not that hard :D

What does that make it ABC pie then?
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Skype days for me are like, maybe monday through friday mornings, saturday mornings, and... I think tuesday evenings.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    k :D My skype isn't working somehow.. which is frustrating and I'm trying to fix it.