Farewell cool world! (But not for long!)

RaseCidraen
RaseCidraen
edited September 2010 in General Archive
Just wanted to say that I will likely be out of commission for a week - I'm going to Northern Ireland on business, and as such will be gaining 5 hours onto my already advanced East Coast timetable, and will probably be very out of sync with everyone. I's gonna miss you guys.

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I've always wanted to see Ireland. I hope you get time to get out and explore the island a bit. I have a feeling that once you get there and take in the lush green rolling hills you'll forget all about little ol' us here at the forums!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Hey, Rase!

Have a safe trip, buddy! We'll keep a pie warm for you. Also, I could probably have some work done on that art project we were talking about.

Anyway, have fun in Ireland! We can't wait to see you back here.

- Duskreign
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    be safe! :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Thanks guys!

Arsheesh: I wish I could get out to see the island - no time, unfortunately, and no car. But I do get to walk around Belfast City Centre, which is fun. I actually spotted a Games Workshop that I'm about to check out.

Dusk: That would be awesome! The pie and the project. Both. I'm rather jazzed to be here, but I'm tired as soap. Haven't slept in over 24.

Embir: Thanks! I'll try!

I almost didn't make it over, to be honest. On the Bus up to Boston, we hit a traffic clog wherein the bus did not move for 1 hour. And I was on a tight timetable. Turns out that a semi-truck had *exploded* on the highway... there were bits of truck everywhere, and some shredded cars. I got in *almost* in time for my flight, but too late. The nice lady at the counter rescheduled me onto a Plane that would land in Shannon instead of Dublin, so I got there, and then transferred to a flight to Dublin. Huzzah!!!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Is the soap you're as tired as Irish Spring?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Oddly enough, Dusk, you cant find that over here...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    LOL, just rub up against any random Irish person until you build up a rich, thick lather. Or get arrested. Either way, good times!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I suppose A may work a mite bit better than B.

...so, I have a bit of a development. Last night, I used my adapter (Which had been juicing up my laptop), to plug my alarm clock into the wall.

It worked fine, for about 2 minutes. The moment I set it down, there was a giant fffffffffffffffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztttzap! And the room went dark.

Apparently the power converter I had with me was fine for laptops and things, but I guess a 120Volt supply for an alarm clock was not a great match for a 240 Volt mains line. So now, I have 49% battery power, a book and a quarter, and what's left of the battery of my Nintendo DS. And this is supposed to last me until Friday at 4PM Eastern.

Scratch that... 47%. And none of the stores here that are open when I get back from work sell power converters.

Bah.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Biggs, Luke, and I are going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters tomorrow. I'll try to grab you one while we're there.

EDIT: Luke's uncle's being a jerk, and he can't go, now. Says he has to get those droids on the south field or there'll be hell to pay.

On a serious note, I'm sorry, Rase. Maybe someone you work with has one you can borrow?
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think I may have to try borrowing one. Just tell Luke's uncle that the droids are already on the south field, and the couple he's looking at are not the ones he's looking for.

Ahh, how I miss Star Wars campaigns... I wish I were playing in one now, actually. But I always seem to navigate to the rogueish smuggler type with a heart of gold. I never feel very original about it...
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    HUZZAH! My Converter did not burn! Although it still smells like Magic Blue Smoke...

Now I just need to figure out the power in my room... I KO'd all of the outlets, I guess...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Sweet! Now, just puncture a hole into your neighbor's wall!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Consider it done. I now have a charged laptop. Now I just need...well... inspiration, and direction. It's a good thing I have a good healthy dose of "I want to go home to see my fiance!" but at the same time, it sucks because I won't be flying out of Dublin until 2 PM Friday.

...although, oddly enough, I land in Boston at 4 PM on Friday. I'm a time traveller!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I remember hearing my grandfather tell me a story about taking a transatlantic flight on the Concorde in which he arrived in New York two hours before he left Lisbon.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...Your grandfather is officially the most awesomeest time traveller ever. I am in awe. Hence the awesomeness.

Just arrived at work. This bodes to be an interesting day.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Headed home in a bit, back to the states. Hooray for travel!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Glad to have you back Rase...though it almost feels like you were never gone, since I didn't see a noticeable drop off in your posts at the forums.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Indeed! You could have said that you never left home, and I wouldn't have noticed. Though hearing about your electrical escapades was pretty fun.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Rase, you ever get back yet?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I did! I did! I swear, the first thing I did when i got to the States was get on my laptop and make a post on OP, but I guess it didn't take because I was onna bus.

HALLO COOL WORLD!