Help with Chainsaw's Tables

SkidAce
SkidAce
edited September 2010 in General Archive
I used Chainsaw's excellent code for my tables and everything used to be fine.

Now what happens is I can go to a page with a beautiful table, hit edit, then hit save WITHOUT changing anything, and the cells and contents stack under each other instead of across.

I.e. what it used to look like...

Deity Alignment Spheres
Ubergod Unaligned Everything

now looks like this...

Deity
Alignment
Spheres

Ubergod
Unaligned
Everything

and this happens without changing a single thing...just hitting exit and then saving the page.

good page (haven't messed with it)
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/alfaysia/wikis/powers-in-landfall

bad page (merely hit edit and then saved page)
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/alfaysia/wikis/old-faith

I'm scared I'm going to have to retype everything...

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    It may have something to do with the textile update OP did last night.
    Check this "link to their explanation.":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/?p=848

They actually specifically mention Chainsaw's templates. It says: "Take a look at ChainsawXIV
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks, I will read up on this.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    No problem. Let us know if it works. :)
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks a whole lot friend, switching the advanced settings back to Textile 3 fixed everything.

Granted, Textile 4 parser may be better, but I will go slowly into that abyss, learning as I go.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I actually had a bit of trouble with that too. What I did to resolve it:

Instead of grabbing the text file from Chainsaw's link, I just grabbed the source information from the page. From what I remember, it's a tab vs spacing issue. The text file uses tab-deliniation, while the page source shows spaces. And I guess this makes a world of difference to the parser.
  • Hedron
    Hedron
    How do you change to the older textile?

Also, what is this notextile thing mentioned in the link in DarkMagus' post?
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    When you are at your campaign, in the top right there is a box labeled "Manage Campaign". In that box there is a link called "Edit Settings".

If you scroll down on the edit settings page, near the bottom you will find "Advanced" and a drop down box labeled "Markup Parser" that let's you choose between Textile 4 and 3.

Textile 3 is the old one that works with Chainsaw's stuff.

Of note: Rase is correct about the tab versus spacng. Thanks dude!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Anytime! I figure it's a hell of a subtle change, but it fixes most of the problems you'll encounter. I went through a lot of trouble figuring it out, and I'm glad to be of assistance!
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Good grief... the old parser was kinda flaky, odd that it actually got worse, but sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take two steps forward. Sorry for the trouble there. I haven't been paying much attention to my OP stuff for a couple of weeks. I'll see about updating the templates page, and the FAQ as well, with templates that work by default and some tips related to this new parser setup. Conveniently you guys have provided me with a head start on the solutions though - thanks!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Anything I can do to help, I'm glad to assist! Thanks for your hard work helping us new guys get started!
  • Chief_Librarian
    Chief_Librarian
    Thanks for the information guys, I've been using Chainsaw's tables (and personal varients that I adjusted myself) for my campains and ran into this problem a bit ago.

I thin I'm just going to update my campaign to Textile 3 until we here more from Chainsaw.

Thanks again to you guys and Chainsaw!!
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Hold up - I'm not part of "guys" now? I know I had to turn in a _Man Card_ for that whole blended drinks incident on labor day, but c'mon...

Seriously though, I promise I'll get to updating these soon for you guys.
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    There's absolutely nothign wrong with Blended Drinks, Chainsaw. I mean, if you're not going to get faulted for drinking Baileys neat, (And lets face it... Baileys is just a blend of cream and *whiskey*.) then by definition, all blended drinks are okay.

I think you weren't included in "guys", because I believe Chief_Librarian was elevating you to "The Man" status.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Yes, us "guys" are lesser beings. You have an "exalted" status, above such common groupings.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    I'd just as soon be one of the guys, when all's said and done. :p

The templates page, template text files, and the tools output has been updated to work with the new parser. Basically as simple as removing a few unneeded blank lines, and adding a notextile tag to things. If you need to update something you've done already with them, it should be just as simple:

1. Add the notextile. tag to the first line of code in the HTML code block
    2. Remove any blank lines in the code, as a blank line signals the end of .notextile mode

Thanks guys!