World Creation Help

Embirsiphone
Embirsiphone
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Okay so I'm not sure if you've all seen Silence mention it but I'm creating a Campaign that is based in the world of Bleach, which is an anime that me and my brother both love. I'm doing this for him, but also because I wanted to. I have till the 9th to get it done and I've been working on this campaign for months.. My issue isn't integrating the world persey it's more monster creation taking anime and putting it on paper.. and creating the Shinigami class because each shinigami is essentially unique.. I was just wondering if any of you guys had some advice or tips.. I have most of the classes and stuff finished i just need the monsters, races and shinigami class.. so if anyone knows the anime or maybe knows a some tricks for me to use that'd be really great :D

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    If all the shinygamies are unique, then don't make them a class at all. Make it a template to be added to any existing race/class combo.

If that works for Bleach. I haven't seen it, so /shrug.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Well the uniqueness is based on their power and their swords.. cause the swords are like a second soul connected to their own.. i have three subtypes for them currently but they are essentially fighters with special powers.. hmmm..
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I haven't seen it, either, but it sounds like you might be better off making them more of a "prestige class" kind of idea, with a pre-req of wielding one of these "soul swords" and then do those swords up like "Intelligent magical items".
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Oh I planned on doing them up as intelligent items.. but I can't make them a prestige.. I attempted that and the players revolted.. because for right now we don't have much time to play the system.. only the month my brother is home.. but knowing my luck I won't get it done and he'll help me finish the stuff off.. but none the less I'd like to finish it soon.. I never realised going this extensively into making a campaign could be such a headache.. I've made new maps and stuff before but geez..

Also dusk I no longer need a place to hide anything.. I'm a bit more cheerful now thanks to everyone around here ^_^
    Post edited by Embirsiphone on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol, gosh, THAT'S not incriminating!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Man, I hope neither of you hear an authoritative knock on your door anytime soon.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    woops probably should have whispered that last bit huh?*whistles innocently* The pie god made me do it!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    :D my ex would deserve it.. But yeah if they autorities can't get that we're joking morbidly then they're not very bright.. no offense to any authority out there..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Umami:

1) Yeah, you should have

2) Don't say I made you do it!!!

3) If he's your "ex", then he lost you, and he deserves whatever he gets, kiddo.

4) The authorities are not very bright.

5) Offense meant to any authority out there. There are exceptions, but most intelligent law enforcement agents know how stupid their organizations tend to be.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Pretty sure you'll be okay...even though, in general...nope, not very bright.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Blah he's didn't use to be so bad and for some reason he feels the need to message me every few months and ruin my day.. I hadn't noticed until kelly brought it up.. this time it was him posting on a pic of mine with muh awesome pink hair :D

I'll go edit them Dusk.. that way it's all kosher :D

also Pal, that quip was funny..

Edit: There all done :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    LMAO, Umami, I was joking! Gosh!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I know.. but it was more fun this way.. plus no we all sound sort of crazy.. :D which always makes thing fun^_^
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Yes. We would not want to sound crazy.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ... how do you not sound crazy if you are crazy though?
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    /shrug.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    The trick to not sounding crazy if you *are* crazy is to pretend you're absolutely normal. Like, monotone, no variance in speech patterns. ...mind you, this often is a dead-giveaway for Crazy people, and also makes you sound reaaaaaallly creepy in the right circumstances.

I know that 3e/3.5e had a class/template wherein one was bonded to a sword, and as the character advanced in levels, so did the sword. Maybe a look at the Githzerai (Esp. the Zerth) might help? You'll have to adapt it to your campaign if you decide to use it, but I present the following links in hopes of being helpful: The Karach Blade could probably be easily customized to each Shinigami.

This is probably one of the best examples I can Find of the "Karach Blade":http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0107c&L=planescape-l&P=3168
    Another, more stats driven "site":http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120842

Hope this helps!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    As to the Shinigami... I don't think you should worry too much about whether their powers match the description from Bleach EXACTLY... What mechanic are you basing the system off of? If I were going to create them in 3.5 I would give the hollows the Shadow template and base them on other creatures that have close to equivalent powers, and then just re-skin their description to make them look more like the creatures from the anime. I would have their home plane on the plane of shadows. Give them level drain attacks to represent their ability to capture someone's soul and turn them into a hollow. I would give the reapers sword the Ghost Touch ability, which is why it works against hollows, and the power of going into Ichigo's soul-reaper mode sounds basically like a shadow walk ability. (i.e. he fights on the plane of shadows, but appears unconscious on the material plane.)

That's what I have to offer... gotta get dressed for work!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I do that when I'm sarcastic apparently.. The monotone thing, people don't usually get I'm joking.. I have a very dry sense of humor most days..

i figured out a system for the hollows, making a few of them at different CR levels and taking powers from the show and applying them in general..

And I never thought of Ichigo's abilities like that.. It's really neat way to think about it and will probably make my life so much easier when it comes to creating the shinigami.. do you have any specific books I can look in for that stuff is it the ghostwalk campaign? I have loads of book so narrowing it down would be super helpful..

And thanks for the links Rase, those should help me out, though I'm thinking of making the swords intelligent weapons that gain experience a long with their weilders.. it'd be tricky but they'd basically be a creture companion of sorts..
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I'm at work at the moment, and so away from my books... I think the Shadow Template is in the Manual of the Planes, but I would have to check when I get home. I know I JUST saw it, because I've got some shadow plane adventuring in the works for my game. I may steal a bit of your idea and make the denizens look like the shinigami in my game. My girlfriend is a Bleach fan, and also one of my players. I think she'd get a kick out of it.

Also, I believe the 3.5 DMG2 includes rules for item familiars/companions. You could use that as a start for the weapons.

EDIT: Just confirmed that the shadow template is on page 190 of the Manual of the Planes. Hooray for the official WOTC 3.5 archives!
    Post edited by gnunn on
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Sweet I have both of those books, thanks a bunch I'll check them out in a bit Thanks gnunn!