I . . . have a game idea

Bwade
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I'm wondering a few things:

Have you ever read the Animorphs series of books?
Did you ever think that the alien plots weren't dark enough?
Did you ever think the heroes weren't heroic enough? Badass enough? Harsh enough?
__Did you ever think you could do better?__

If you answered yes to these questions, I may have a campaign for you. Just trying to guage responses here.

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Bwizzle, throw a link up here so we can check out your campaign. I've never read any Animorphs books, but I am interested in seeing some of the new stuff being added to Obsidian Portal.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Haven't read animorphs since I was 8 or so.. but i remembered they were pretty great :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    You guys had Animorphs, but in the old country, we were stuck with Morphimals.

Tell me Morphimals weren't a thing, because if they were, I'm dumber than I thought.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    It was like the GoBot to the Transformer Dusk. The cheap knock-off of Animorphs.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Seriously? Well, shoot.

The best thing about knockoff Transformers toys? The engrish story text they print on the boxes. Here's an example:

_Animism Defender JUSTICE GIANT_

_Super Change!_

The Story Introduction

_The story of Beast Men told about a fierce fight that centered on ruling form of the Electric Star between General Ape who took a lead in Macrobiotic Group and Dragon who took a lead in Evil Group. This is another kind of new present with all respect in the works of mechanical beast._

I weep every time I read that. Someone, somewhere, worked really hard on that. Then, someone spent two minutes letting Babelfish destroy it.
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • Ydeon
    Ydeon
    I *loved* the Animorph series...never read much of the books though, by the time I discovered them they were just too short, I'd read through them in the car ride back home from the bookstore... >.> So I started reading stuff like LotR and the Children of the World series.

Edit: And yes, that means I might be interested in a game! I add my voice, give us a link :)
    Post edited by Ydeon on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Duskreign, I think I was just messing around with you on the Morphimals thing, but your reiteration of the chinese and japanese knock offs that seem to pollute Dollar General stores makes me not so sure anymore.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Dollar Genereal is awesome :D

And once it's been spoken aloud it ALWAYS exists..
    Post edited by Embirsiphone on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I HAVE A BILLION DOLLARS!

It worked!

But they are all Duskreign Fun-Bucks and i HATE fun.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    ... I'll trade you for the Embir-bucks.. they always ended up turning to ash when I ask for them..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol Duskreign Fun-Bucks are only exchangeable for things you can kill yourself with.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Copious amounts of Pie?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    yes well then nevermind :D