Random D&D Moments

Silence_Eve
Silence_Eve
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
So, if you haven't heard of me yet, I am every DM's worst nightmare, but this isn't about that lol.

I'm here to question everyone's complete random moments in any campaign. Whether is was hilarious, tragic, or just morbid, please share with us. In game fails are welcome, and I plan to turn this into a game at some point.

I suppose it is my duty to start, though I actually have two...

The first one, well, let's just follow one rule: Never anger the DM.

In my very first campaign, we had a rather large group and I was probably more involved with in the campaign than I should have been. My boyfriend at the time (we shall name him 'Giggles') had angered Embirsiphone (our DM) repeatedly with stupid comments. So, as punishment, he was forced to undertake the Golden Rod of Pain...yeah. Well, we rolled afterwards and it turned out that he was gay...he never played again...

Lesson learned.

In one of our later campaigns, I had been gone for a rather long time and was unable to join the players. Since my character at the time was not being trusted (because she had given away mission secrets to the enemy) they kept her out of the loop. Never, EVER, leave an insane woman out of the loop. When I joined the game again, I decided to get back at them by messing with one of the player's heads...didn't go so well. I had gone off and randomly made out with a tavern patron, causing my companion to react violently in a jealous rage. Everything happened a little quickly, and let's just say...no one survived. It turned out that the tavern was owned by a guild we were trying desperately to gain an alliance with, and because of me, they wouldn't take part in our personal mission. When our leader told me what I had done, my only response was that it was their fault for not telling me anything. However, they still keep me out of it, so I kinda left the group to find my lover and was followed by one of the other players...a girl just can't get a break.

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I didn't make that item.. my uncle did.. I just can't stand people who abuse table talk rules..

I have quite a few actually.. most of them are just pathetic though but the first time I ever played I was a ranger adopted into a samurai clan.. I consistantly fumbled during battle, striking my companions with arrows. Later we were ambushed by a rival clan and because i was at the rear of the Caravan all arrows that were initially shot were blamed on me.. even though I hadn't done anything.. i learned from this to be far more careful when you roll
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I am moderately certain that's close to a no-no word here, but if no one objects I'll leave it be.

Besides, can't really say anything.

I have made a joke of something like that to 'teach someone a lesson'...

BEHOLD, "The Rod of Power":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/intothebreach/wikis/rod-of-power
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Ok, I changed it...I wasn't thinking when I posted it. My bad lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    sorry about that.. we'll behave much better in the future..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Color me mortified, Jim.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    *GASP*... I got nothing, didn't see it :P.

As for dumb things DMs do... I have one that I ALWAYS do. I have a huge, established fantasy world, where there are high level characters around, makes it tough for me to design low level stuff for the world (my own fault). The one thing I always forget about is divinations. If one of the characters is a acolyte of Bahamut, and someone murders a bishop, it makes sense that the other members of the order would step in. Then my 2-hour investigation turns into, "Let's ask one of the other bishops to cast a divination to find out where/who the bad guy is." I never seem to learn...

Also, Jim, is that an on switch I see?
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Please don't let the be an on switch.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    If he belonged to my own regular group...there would be more than a switch lmao.

Our group tends to be a more...x rated group lol
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I want a droid's ability to have its memory wiped.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Not fun...really. Especially if I anger Embirsiphone and she decides to drop me in a lake...or set me next to Haru (who has a sword that radiates cold)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I have sort of the same issue.. I have a weakness for creating random magical items on the spot from dropped treasure and then the players get to strong and the basic low level stuff I was going to throw at them has to be beefed up quickly or it's all just sort of pointless... >.<

I think it might be a small handle.. o.O
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I don't have many, even with my characters, because I remained quiet most of the time. However, with Eve, at the beginning of the campaign, I remember being in a warehouse and there was a pressure pad on the floor and a lead statue nearby. I think Zar tried to move and forced me to help him while Haru was looking at books (so much for a good leader)...then Zar saw something shiny and dropped the statue on my foot, shattering the bones...

...jerk...
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    and then Haru and Zar both attempted to feel you up as they removed your boot causing Cross(My PC/NPC for this game) to step in and help out in there stead..
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    No no no no....

Zar held me down, and Haru removed my boot to check my foot and felt me up in the process, causing me to bite down hard onto Zar...then Cross appeared lol
    Post edited by Silence_Eve on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Uhm, it's a valve stem for a steam fitting. It's steam-powered.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I think that's worse actually.. lol
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Laffo, had it up on the screen when the boss came in, he was like what's that?

"I dunno, some old car part...."

O_o
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    nice save
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    lol, Jim, that's IS a nice save... :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Thank you, thank you.

::bows::
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Boss: "Bullcrap, Jimbo, I know a #$%#^ when I see one."
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    That was a natural 20 on that save, Jim :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Thank Pie.