FACEPALM!: Learning from your mistakes

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Oh, Gnunn... I've been in that particular hell so often.
  • Ydeon
    Ydeon
    Ouch, yes, not fun...it's better to edit in an external processor and then copy-paste-preview, it takes a bit longer, but it means you're less likely to lose work AND it means you're keeping your backup on the computer just in case.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I have a feeling I'm going to love you all...
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Wait, aren't you a real girl? You can't say that in a forum of nerdy gamers. Right now heads are exploding at an alarming rate.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Well, I can't hide the truth and yes I am girl (don't believe me? look on facebook).

Maybe I'll learn my lesson in this very thread lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    No, no I have to agree I was just going to say the same thing.. but she beat me to it :D And real girls game too :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    My wife plays, and last time I checked, she met the legal definition of "girl"

Pen & Paper girlz r the best.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I'm both paper and pc girl...I only play pc when we can't play paper though
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Well, color me charmed, Evey! Welcome to Obsidian Portal!

Are you a DM? What are you playing currently?
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Well thank you.

No, I'm not a DM. I've only been playing for 4 years or so.

We have actually put one campaign on hiatus and that is our Clan campaign. Very interesting and my character always angers the DM due to her complexity (I have been dubbed the DM's Nightmare). Our other campaign that we shall be playing rather soon is actually a fan made one of Bleach; we have created the entire thing from scratch (including the maps and creatures) and will be playing the moment one of our players has returned home completely, since he was in Iraq.

I would like to play on a regular basis, but around here we can never get that many people involved. I go through withdrawals...so I have Dragon Age, Oblivion, and Guild Wars to fall back on.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I hear you about the withdrawal. I was going to hang up the robe and wizard hat for a while between Wyrmshadow campaigns, but after about three weeks, I had a choice between Methadone therapy or running my game again.

Yeah, I compared D&D with heroin addiction. I should think things through more.

"Duskreign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/Duskreign

"Wyrmshadow Campaign Setting":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Oh god I want something as epic as those. I mostly play a rogue because of my general attitude...anything else is a bit weird for me.

I don't have all the notes for Nevermore, because I'm not the DM I just made the post...and I wasn't there for a majority of it. When the clan leader comes back down to visit, I'll have it completed...I'm quite proud of the format of the Adventure log because I wanted to make it sound like snip-its of my characters journal...who is all rationality...completely insane.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clan-nevermore
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Ugh... I fail at hyper-linking...and my ex is a network technician...uhh
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    She's learning though, I have to teach her the ways of a DM

DnD is an addiction... if you have the mind for it the first taste has you completely hooked and you never fully give it up.. :D

Currently though we have two campaigns in progress.. one that is based of the Anime Bleach.. that has some extensive set up behind it.. and I'm still not finished with everything and then the Campaign Clan Nevermore
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Silence --

"Clan Nevermore":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clan-nevermore

You type that with the textile radio button checked.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Oh yay...thanks lol
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    fun now I know how to :D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    "Eve":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clan-nevermore/characters/eve seems like a damn cool character. I like the detailed history of the character. I wish I had the time to devote to the backstories of all the PCs in my campaigns.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Thank you lol

She is my favorite and Embirsiphone hates me for bringing her from my books into a campaign lol

Out of all of my characters, I actually only have 3 that don't have an epically tragic past lmfao
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Tragedy builds the best characters. Just ask Shakespeare.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    *Wipes nerd brains off the screen* Thanks Jim :P

And Dusk, I hear ya, I went almost two years without playing in a consistent game (played one-shots every once in a while) and it was pretty rough. So I tried to make up for it with my "campaign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/melekar until we could start playing again (which has been going pretty swimmingly :).
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I went 3 years without playing...I died a little on the inside...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Before I took up the reins of Wyrmshadow, I had not run or played in a game in over a year. At least I think it was a year. I blacked out a lot.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I kept begging to play, but no one would. And I've only played the Campaign with Eve three times...I'm going stir crazy and want to play her more, so that she can reach Adameth (who is still in the process of being made lol).
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Silence and I tend to devote a large amount of energy into back stories for our characters.. and as soon as I can find my character sheets I'll be posting up some of mine as well..

And I don't hate that she brings in her books, I think it's fun actually.. plus I can then either choose to ignore said books or tie them in with the campaign..

I run games every few months but it's not really any fun playing one on one.. I'd want at least two players..

and that's not my fault that you never came around when we played Silence
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I...was...at...work...
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Fair point.. that does make things tricky..
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Ah work, ever the Role-players' bane...
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I enjoyed reading the bio on Eve. I try to encourage my players to write in depth bios as well. I think it helps them get a better sense of who these characters are, and it gives me material to work with in plot-building. Fortunately I've got some players that are up to the task. One of my players in particular has done a great job on his dark elf character "Shrizyne":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/tales-of-darkmoon-vale/characters/shrizyne-zaumtor.

Anyway I agree with Gaaran: it's nice to see some new faces around here at the portal.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Wow, that character is so well thought out. I even love the format it is in. And I am glad you enjoyed it, arsheesh ^^

When our last player returns home (I maybe be at a concert that day, but whatever lol) I will take pictures of some of our DnD sessions. They are, interesting, to say the least. I would also like to join the play-by-play thing on here, but my schedule is whacked and I'm on during different times of the day.