Another Introduction...

CheapTrick1964
CheapTrick1964
edited December 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• CheapTrick1964
    CheapTrick1964
    Hello all.

First off I must say that this is a great idea. I'm not of the electronic generation and don't Blog/WIKI anything. But This is very cool and I have ejoyed reading parts so I'm going to try to add my new campaign to the mix. Being older and with wife/family we don't play that often so we'll see how well I can keep things up to date.

BTW, a little plug for "Dungeon Mastering" website that turned me on to this site.

So a bit about myself: I'm from the upper midwest United States, near the birthplace of D&D and started playing...well let's just say it has been a long time. I also have played lots of other gaming systems but always seem to gravitate back to the familiar (though it isn't anything like what I first played).

Since I am an HTML 'n00b' and this is definitely a first for me I may need some help with things - yes go ahead and snicker as you help me with the most moronically simple things.

Hope to see more of this place in the coming year!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Hi, and welcome! You don't need a lot of HTML knowledge around here, and most of the formatting stuff is pretty easy.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Greetings! And congratulations for having the courage to give this site a shot even though "blogging" isn't your thing.

If you're not familiar with HTML, then you'll probably have *less* of a problem than I'm having with the Textile formatting used here (edited to point out that I'm not really having that much of a problem, just that it'll be easier for you because you won't have to unlearn anything). I'd say don't even worry too much about the HTML tags that are allowed, unless you just can't get the precise layout you want.
  • TroyAlford
    TroyAlford
    Ask any questions you need. :) This is a very helpful and active community - and I've never had anything but good experiences with people's helpfulness. Welcome to our site! :)
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Hello! Sorry I missed this earlier.

Welcome to the site. I wouldn't be too put off- you can very easily do everything you need for your campaign to function using only the rudimentary knowledge provided by the textile help bar at the side of the page. Furthermore, plenty of people don't know even the most basic HTML, so I wouldn't be too embarrassed. No sense in being self-conscious about lacking a skill you have never had a need for, right?
  • CheapTrick1964
    CheapTrick1964
    Thanks all!
    I've started posting the campaign details from the first two sessions and background. I'll have to figure out how to include all of the character journals.

I guess I'll have to read some of the many other campaigns in here and see how they are set up!

Thanks!
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. I’ll have to figure out how to include all of the character journals.

I don't think I have seen a uniform way to do it, but there are a few ways to take care of it. Of course, if you just want the most simple solution, you can always just create a page in the Party Wiki for each character's journal. That's what I have done for one of my characters, and it is at least serviceable.