Email Options

dragnsteph
dragnsteph
edited July 2010 in Feature Requests
I'm relatively new to OP so I'm not sure if I'm missing an option or something, but I would LOVE to have the ability to limit the email notification content. What I find is happening, is that my players are simply replying to the notification emails (since all their addresses are in the notifies) and all the content is in the email. It's become very spammy, and I'm not able to utilize the forum to the extent I had imagined.

Is it possible to add an option that limits the email notification (which I think IS necessary, to prod the players into checking the site) to simply a one-line, so-and-so has updated whatever-page and a link? Just a checkbox on the email notification section, include full text of your post in email, yes no? Something like that. It would make my spam filter so happy.

Thanks,
Steph

Comments

• dragnsteph
    dragnsteph
    Hi, it's been a while since I asked this and wondered if anyone had read it :)

I'm trying to break my group of group emails and move them toward using the website, but honestly the above is a big issue.

Any chance of seeing more customizable email options in the future?

Thanks,
    Steph
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Yeah I've noticed it puts everything up there too. I suppose the addition of a limited content mailer would be nice, but the other option seems only to be to email each person yourself and say "Go check the site"