The Gibson Institute

JimTriche
JimTriche
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
A while back, I was stumbling through the campaigns of Obsidian Portal and I saw a nifty use of the Wiki. Well, it was used like a Wiki, encompassing several campaign worlds in a specific setting or system. I dunno, the point is, I like the Cyberpunk genre and since so much of the fluff, slang and gadgets are interchangeable between game systems, I got an idea to start an encyclopedic wiki. I invite everyone to peek, add, edit, and enjoy as they will. I will add anyone who wants to join to edit whatever they wish, add whatever they wish, and so on.

"The Gibson Institute":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-gibson-institute

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Hah! This is a great idea, JimTriche! Considering the bevvy of information sources available for D&D/fantasy, there aren't as many resources available for cyberpunk, are there? This way, if someone wants to use something from the Gibson Institute in their campaign, they can just create a link to that information from their own campaign.

I wonder if there are any other settings that could use such a repository.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    The one I got the idea from was "Encyclopedia Yggdraversica":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/andyverse and I thought Cyberpunk could use something like that. Also figured it would be fun. I wouldn't see why a Lovecraftian or Space Opera styled "Encyclopedia" wouldn't work. Also Fantasy, and Steampunk for that matter...
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I mean, it's a different method, this is to be basic generic information, freely useable in multiple campaigns and systems, or whatnot.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    This is a indeed a great idea, Jim. I've got it Favorited, and when I have some free time from what I'm currently working on, I'll see about adding in what Cyberpunk I have. I'm also, of course, looking forward to perusing everyone else's hard work.

-Jonathon
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Yeah, great idea Jim! If I were involved with a cyperpunk campaign I know that I would want to be a part of this project.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    You don't have to be! Feel free to poke and prod. I'm just hoping it comes out well. I'm trying to do a dictionary now to set up a template, and it's a bit on the rough side.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey, just wanted to add that this is a pretty great idea! I have a friend who is going to be running a shadowrun campaign here in a couple months, so I'll point him this way as the time draws near to play, for the slang if nothing else, I like what you have so far.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I pulled your mistake on the C's earlier! (Accidentally deleted whole page) luckily, I had the original document I'm using for the text, but still, lots of reformatting. Try to get D up tonight. Want some more stuff too.

EDIT: Er, that was gnunn. Dyslexia FTL.
    Post edited by JimTriche on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Dyslexia LFT!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Where'd it go, then? ;)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    OK, got a start on A-D, will throw up some more tomorrow while I'm at work if it's slow.

Any ideas on general organization and whatnot, I'd love to hear.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    E-H dictionary pages are up, have to go through gnunns comment and add in those terms as well, which means I'd better hurry up on this mess.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    "CLUE Files":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-gibson-institute/wikis/the-clue-foundation archived, go check them out.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I-M dictionary pages have some terms up now too. -- whew, I'm tired...

Halfway mark though!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Looking pretty b'dass so far.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    N-T whoo hoo...
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    U-Z WHOOOHOOOO! That took a long time!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign