Silly question about the Amazon ads

FemmeLegion
FemmeLegion
edited December 2007 in General Discussion

Comments

• FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Am I to guess you guys have an affiliation going? And if so, please remind me: does that count for *any* purchases I make after I click the ad, or just the books featured in the ad itself?

I'll actually be using Amazon for some last-minute holiday shopping 'cause folks have wishlists there, and I'd love to help the site if possible. Thanks!
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yes, we have an affiliate account with Amazon.

As to the other question, I have absolutely no idea :) I think we only get a referral fee if you buy the items shown, but I didn't look to closely at how it worked.

Maybe just keep hitting the refresh button until what you're looking for pops up (just kidding...)

Enjoy your shopping!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Well, here's hoping it worked. =)
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    On an only slightly related note, I had a good, hard laugh the other night when my campaign page had links to the first season of the Nanny on DVD, as well as to other Fran Drescher related purchases. It was probably the most bizarre, and easily the most entertaining, thing I had seen all day. What that says about the excitement in my own life is probably a bit telling, but either way, I just thought I would share that since you brought up the Amazon ads.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    It was a sign! You needed to co-opt her into your next NPC.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. It was a sign! You needed to co-opt her into your next NPC.

Ha! I'll blow their minds and make her like, President of Earth or something.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Tee-hee. I read Something*Positive (and WILL NOT link it here 'cause I like you guys). One of the story arcs was a bunch of them playing a supers campaign, and they got captured by a villain from the Hostess pastry comic book ads.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. Tee-hee. I read Something Positive (and WILL NOT link it here ‘cause I like you guys). One of the story arcs was a bunch of them playing a supers campaign, and they got captured by a villain from the Hostess pastry comic book ads.

I think I may remember that one. It was pretty funny, only because I totally remember all those Hostess comic book ads from my childhood.

Sidenote: Not a fan of SP?
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Huge fan. It's just...not always for public consumption. And while normally I really enjoy the game of "how fast can I snap someone's brain?", I'd hate to scare folks off the forums here 'cause I'd really like this place to grow.