Commented HTML (or Textile?) code

Gravedigga
Gravedigga
edited June 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Most of my wiki pages grow pretty organically with the campaign, some have quite a bit of info on them, and many use a pile of HTML to get things organized in a way I like. If the context matters, I mostly use embedded HTML tables for my formatting needs, though I've been using divisions and spans in my newer stuff, as my coding gets "better".

On to my question: in order to help organize and parse my piles of HTML, I wanted to add comments to the code. You know, like this:

@@

Instead, my comments are appearing on my wiki pages as strike through text. You know, like -this-. I'm guessing it is something with the Textile parser the site uses, but I don't know what I am talking about. I checked my page source, and this:

@@

was turned into this:

@- This is a comment and should be invisible when the browser parses the HTML ->
@

Which is obviously not what I want. Other than using text that is the same color as the background (a shameful super hack), does anyone have any ideas how to get properly commented code to show up without its comments on the page? Oh, I also tried the CSS comment syntax:

@/* This is a comment and should be invisible when the browser parses the HTML */@

And that didn't work either. Thanks for the help.

-Gravedigga

PS: the page with the problem is my "creature catalog":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/new-campaign/wikis/creatures that has some obvious help from ChainsawXIV's "monster card tool":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/sanction/wikis/templates-and-tools. Thanks!

Comments

• Hardhead
    Hardhead
    The only thing I know to do is create a full copy of the page in the GM only section, and put your comments in that version.
  • Gravedigga
    Gravedigga
    You can't see the problem anymore on my wiki page because I deleted the comments from the code. It appears what I want can't be done right now.

And thanks for the input, Hardhead.
    Post edited by Gravedigga on