Textile help...

Fluke
Fluke
edited June 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
I'm trying to clean up my D&D3.5 character info and I was wondering if anyone knew how to separate table rows with lines? this would be mostly for my skills section but would help with a lot of other things... Also, I tried to make my Skills section a sidebar but the amount of information in it and the tables that would be to it's left restricted the amount I could compress the tables horizontally. is there a command to reduce the font size? I couldn't find any help on either of these issues on any online Textile tutorials.

Comments

• Hardhead
    Hardhead
    Yeah, but it's a pain. You have to include the following in *each cell* you want to have a border:

bc. {border:1px solid black}.
  • Fluke
    Fluke
    Hmmm, I was afraid of that, lol

Well, thanks! ;-)
    Maybe I'll get the ambition to do that sometime soonish... ;-P
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I just use the work-around of making rows with alternating shading. If you do that, you just have to put the formatting at the beginning of each row... or even each shaded row, if your base background is white.

| cell | cell | cell |
    {background:#ddd}. | cell | cell | cell |
    | cell | cell | cell |
    | cell | cell | cell |
    | cell | cell | cell |

Combined with a border around the whole table, I feel like this technique keeps things easy to read, while keeping the work reasonable.
  • Fluke
    Fluke
    Well, That would work in some of my tables but the main one I want to do this on has a shaded column... I'm not sure how it would look with that as well...
  • Persephone
    I found a great Textile help manual. I have not had a chance to test all of it yet but it is really well organized. For an old geek like me who reads HTML being able to see the XHML was a help to understanding it (though you have to click the little check box to turn it on!!).

"Threshold State":http://thresholdstate.com/articles/4312/the-textile-reference-manual#toc_0

~ Persephone

PS Yes! I managed to link to an outside site using Textile!
    Post edited by Persephone on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Fluke, I'm not sure but I think you have to manually enter the background on each cell. Gnunn is the Textile guru here though, maybe he has an easier way?
  • Persephone
    The textile on this site does not support this format unfortunately

table(table{background:green}).
    | A | B | C |
  • Persephone
    This site also unfortunately does not seem to support this textile format.

(row {background:green}). | A | B | C |

I am sorry. I could not seem to find any other way to do it.

~ Persephone
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    OK, this is the look you're attempting (a column of a different color)

Textile does the rows easy, as only one code is needed for the row at the beginning regardless of cells. For columns, you have to manually count off the cells and put the code in each time.

Code like this:

table{width:600px;border 1px solid white;font-family:verdana}.
    {background:#000000;color:#0055EE}. |=. TEST |={background:#000022;color:#3399FF}. TEST |=. TEST |
    {background:#000022;color:#3399FF}. |=. TEST |=. TEST |=. TEST |
    {background:#000000;color:#0055EE}. |=. TEST |={background:#000022;color:#3399FF}. TEST |=. TEST |
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Should result in the center column in a blue color as well as the second and fourth rows. You have to add the style tag to each cell unfortunately, but with a bit of effort it will work.

table{width:600px;border 1px solid white;font-family:verdana}.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Er, well, the forum doesn't allow you to change the background, but you can try the code out on a wiki page, or on "this site":http://www.textism.com/tools/textile/index.php
  • Persephone
    I think the reason why it is not working is looking over the accepted attributes for the site, background is not listed as one of them.

~ Persephone
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Persephone

As far as I know this site does support the background attribute. I use it all the time in my own tables. It looks like the code examples you used include an extra set of parenthesis around the attribute, which is probably what is breaking your code.

To work on OP, this:

table(table{background:green}).
    | A | B | C |

Should be written like this:

table{background:green}.
    | A | B | C |
  • Persephone
    Test

table{background:green}.
    | A | B | C |

I see it works in the Wiki but not here... operator error.

~Persephone